Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/22/2008 4:58:06 AM EDT
So before I potentially pull the trigger on my an AK-74, I wanted to double check.  Someone told me that all (available) 5.45 surplus ammo is corrosive.  Is that true?  If so I may just stick with 7.62.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:04:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:43:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Although not surplus, Wolf can be had for $150+S&H per k.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't be deterred by the fact that all the surplus is corrosive.  The only people that hand-wring about corrosive ammo are the people that don't shoot it, and therefore don't realize it's a complete non-issue.

Unless it really cramps your style to clean after every time you shoot it, get the '74 and be happy.  Years from now, we'll probably be bitching about how 4,300 rounds of mil-spec 7N6 could be delivered to your door for $500, back in '07-'08.

Even if you won't shoot corrosive, there's plenty of commercial stuff available that is still pretty cheap.

Just my 2 cents.  We're living in the golden age of the 5.45 AK.  Capitalize on it!
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top