Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 3:43:32 PM EST
a Bulgarian AK-74 clone? I'm having a serious dilemma over my furniture choices or lack of if you will. I want a nice wood stock set for my 74 but would also like it to be authentic in looks. I was looking at Iron Wood Design's laminate set and like the idea of it counting as 2 US parts but am not sure I like the way it looks. Also did any countries ever use walnut furniture? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:26:14 PM EST
I just realized that the Ironwood Design's stock sets are AKM designs and not AK-74 designs. What I mean by that is his front handguards have the vents cut into the lower handguard as well as the upper handguard. All of the true AK-74's I've seen seem to have only the cuts in the upper handguard. Also, I've noticed that the swells on the lower portion of an AK-74 handguard seem to be slightly different than the swells on an AKM lower handguard.

So does anyone make a nice matching true AK-74 stock set? This is starting to get frustrating. I'm seriously considering the polymer kit even though I dislike the way it looks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:26:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 4:46:03 PM EST by TravisAasen]
Buckshot,

Here is my walnut tiger stripe from Ironwood Designs. Matt did a hell of a job on this wood. This is put on a SEAK (Bulgarian AK74) by Ohio Rapid Fire. I call it the Tiger SEAK

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:31:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By TravisAasen:
Buckshot,

Here is my walnut tiger stripe from Ironwood Designs. Matt did a hell of a job on this wood. This is put on a SEAK (Bulgarian AK74) by Ohio Rapid Fire. I call it the Tiger SEAK

home.earthlink.net/~tlzkaasen/images/Tiger%20AK740002.JPG

How much did that run you to have it custom made and finished if you don't mind me asking? The only thing I don't like is the lower handguards. See my 2nd post for an explanation. Does Matt do custom work or is what he has listed all you can get?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:47:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 4:47:24 PM EST by TravisAasen]
Check with Matt on custom stuff. This set finished ran me about $190ish..3 month wait (well worth it)

Travis
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:04:09 PM EST
I don't think the Bulgarians used laminate. And if it is confirmed that they didn't, so what? If you like laminate, go ahead and put it on there. You will be happier in the end.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:11:51 PM EST
The earlier Russian 74s used laminate and there are several sets around.Check out the EE,Stottman and Tantal.There is also a Guy in Russia,Andre I believe,who is trustworthy to deal with but it may take three months to get your order.
Top Top