Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/23/2005 10:03:50 PM EDT
Can you replace the AK-100 black polymer stock with a wood laminate one, and then customize a tab for the locking mech?  It would work the same as an AK-100 sidefold stock but would be wood instead.  Seems like it would be unique too as I've never seen one...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a wood folder for the RPK.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, a few years ago, I bought one from Russia... Later sold it on..

It was a modern day conversion from a standard AKM stock.....Been trying to get more ever since, but no luck...

Sure you could make one though, if you could get the hardware.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:54:02 PM EDT
[#3]
that's freaking awesome
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:55:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Stott's always got the goods...
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:56:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Stottman,

Is there ANYTHING you don't have?

Yes I admit it....I'm jealous
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:06:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats beautiful,seems like it would be hard to strengthen where the latch connects to the wood.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thats beautiful,seems like it would be hard to strengthen where the latch connects to the wood.

It almost looks as though it is coated in epoxy reson aroudn that area.  Or just a generous bath of shellac!

I would imagine someone with some woodworking skills could pruchase a complete synthetic folder and a wood buttstock and convert the wood one to use the folder parts from the synthetic.  

Maybe try shooting Ruseller an email and see if he can get ahold of one, he is the source of the synthetic folders...
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:14:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It almost looks as though it is coated in epoxy reson aroudn that area.  Or just a generous bath of shellac!

I would imagine someone with some woodworking skills could pruchase a complete synthetic folder and a wood buttstock and convert the wood one to use the folder parts from the synthetic.  

Maybe try shooting Ruseller an email and see if he can get ahold of one, he is the source of the synthetic folders...

I got this from ANdrei's source in Russia... Been asking for more ever since, and no dice..

If you can find the buttplate hardware seperate ( I think Tantal carried at one time), thats all you really need... Having the front hardware would be useful, but sure it can be fabricated new....

What would be cool would be an AKS74 type triangle stock made of wood...

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:20:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got this from ANdrei's source in Russia... Been asking for more ever since, and no dice..

If you can find the buttplate hardware seperate ( I think Tantal carried at one time), thats all you really need... Having the front hardware would be useful, but sure it can be fabricated new....

From the pics it just looks like it may have been a modified regular stock...just a one time deal so that may be why there aren't any to be had. But what do i know
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From the pics it just looks like it may have been a modified regular stock...just a one time deal so that may be why there aren't any to be had. But what do i know

Yes, of course, thats exactly what happened...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top