Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/23/2006 1:30:32 PM EDT
I was loading some of my weapons into my truck this morning to show the fellas at one of the fire stations I used to work at.  This lady comes by with her dog and, naturally, I said "hello."

I had an Arsenal Carbine on my shoulder and suddenly, she stops and says, "what are you doing with that gun?"  To avoid a complicated conversation, I told her I was going shooting, (even though I wasn't).  

She then replies, "Well, isn't that one of those assault weapon things?  Why do you need a weapon like that?  Don't you know they only make those for terrorists?  They should outlaw all of those worthless things!"  

I had to really try hard not to laugh, and simply told her, "Ma'am, I don't need weapons like these, I want weapons like these.  They're fun to shoot and I enjoy collecting firearms.  Some people like to collect cars, stamps and other items.  I just happen to have different tastes, that's all."  

She was not impressed to say the least.  She said she was "going to call the cops" because I had "illegal weapons in my possession."  I told her that she was just going to waste their time because I did not have anything illegal.  But if it made her feel better, then by all means, call 'em.  

She then told me she was "going to keep her eye on me!"  It was hysterical!  She had no clue of what I had, why it wasn't illegal...absolutely no clue.  I invited her to handle the weapon, and I could explain the weapon to her.  She gave me a stern, "No, thank you!"

I ended the conversation with "well, you have a nice day" and proceeded to load the rest of them in my truck.    
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya Im always wondering if my neighbors think Im a terrorist because about once a week they see me hauling my guns to my truck.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow what a dumb ass..

Funny story. lol
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I love seeing peoples faces when they drive by and see my "evil" firearms.  Its Priceless.
its that second look with there mouth open like "Oh my god"

The best is when the State Cop drives by...he just waves.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
You should be real careful who sees your weapons, illegal or  not. That woman is going to blab to anyone who will listen that you have this or that. Who knows, maybe one of her friends shit bag teenage sons will overhear the conversation. You have no idea where that info will end up. Its not like she wont hesitate to point your house out to anyone with an interest, you know, the more people that can keep an eye on you the better.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#5]
to bad her stupid ass will be at your feet wanting protection if the baddies take over your community/area.  

I have some friends (well I wouldn't call them friends) who feel the same way.  Don't own firearms, thinks there never will be a purpose for them.  but since N.Orleans and when Rita was scheduled to hit houston one asked if he could borrow one!!! with no knowledge or training with any of them, he assumed he could be proficient in usage if I just showed him

wow, people. they never surprise me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]
was she old?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
to bad her stupid ass will be at your feet wanting protection if the baddies take over your community/area.

Amen
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
was she old?

Was she a Kali transplant?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#9]
We have to remember that a large percentage of the public is stupid, mass-media brainwashed and totally incapable of independent thought.  This woman is a perfect example.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:24:20 PM EDT
[#10]
why dont you invest in some gun cases instead of walking around your neighborhood holding an assault rifle like a weirdo.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
why dont you invest in some gun cases instead of walking around your neighborhood holding an assault rifle like a weirdo.

holding an assault rifle makes you a wierdo? so that's why they look at me like that...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

because in some areas of the country that's not weird.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't show off my firearms unless it's at the range or inside a residence.

Transporting them ALWAYS in a case.  (or concealed     )

I try and maintain a low profile where ever I go.  Attracting attention is a bad thing these days.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow- I am jealous.. I cant own an "assault weapon" only sporting rifles like single fire AK47s and AK74s and AR15s.. I wish I had one that could be selective fire!!!!

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Zip,

Apparently you didn't read my thread.  I wasn't walking around the neighborhood.  I was in my driveway, loading that particular rifle into my truck.  I have cases for most of my rifles, not all.  This is one rifle I don't have a case for.  Not yet.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#17]
All I can say is: "Wow, sheeple are dumb, aren't they?" This is one of the reasons I try to move my firearms from the truck to the apartment and vice versa only when no one else is around (a Friday night, or like I did this morning on my way to work at 4:30 am). I don't really care what people think of me, I just don't want them to know where they are or how many I have. Wish people would learn instead of just following what the media tells them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#18]
She might think your gun are bad, but if terrorist did show up in you area guess whos house she would want to hide at.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Wow- I am jealous.. I cant own an "assault weapon" only sporting rifles like single fire AK47s and AK74s and AR15s.. I wish I had one that could be selective fire!!!!

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/Lxpony/Pictures631.jpg

wait, how can you own that stuff in MA?  I thought you cant even have high caps there..?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Bachelor_of_Science,  Don't be suprised if that weapon of yours becomes illegal in the next few years in Arizona.  I checked out an AZ.gov website a couple of months ago which showed migration trends.  More than 11,000 new residents move into Arizona every month from California alone.  It is just a matter of time before they start passing laws banning our weapons here in Arizona.

Over 11,000 Californians a month come to Arizona every month and most of them are most likely left leaning.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ya Im always wondering if my neighbors think Im a terrorist because about once a week they see me hauling my guns to my truck.

Quoted:
I love seeing peoples faces when they drive by and see my "evil" firearms.  Its Priceless.
its that second look with there mouth open like "Oh my god"

The best is when the State Cop drives by...he just waves.

it depends on who your neighbors are,...for instance the apartments i lived in while i was stationed at ft hood,..the couple next door,.. once they had seen me loading up my PSL one morring to go shoot at a range on post,...the guys wife had a "oh shit,..look away,..look away" reaction,.. the guy had a "wow" expresion

while on the range,....there was a crowd of soldiers peeking in the windows behind me as i was fireing,..and durring the frequent cease fires asked me all kinds of questions about it. mostly there reaction was "F-ing right!,... i wish we had these!" especially after i let one or two handle it and send a few down range once we went hot again.

afterward,.at a pawn shop,..replacing the ammo i shot that day,...the guy that worked at the gun counter asked me to bring the rifle in so he could show his boss what he was talking about/wanting to order in. so being a good sport i went out ,.made sure the PSL and mag. was clear and unloaded
and brought in in wrapped in a green army wool blanket,... the guy showed his boss,..(who shit when he saw it),. durring this time three or four other people who where around came over to look at it while it was out,..one girl there with her boyfriend/husband (soldier) said to/asked me:
"wow thats pretty,........is it a shotgun?",.................
i of corse held back from laughing and said    "no it is a rifle".,...

then she asks,..."what do you hunt with a rifle that big?"....,...
i said"i well i could hunt anything with this,.. but i dont use it for that",..

she asked "what do you use it for?"
i say " target shooting"

she asks "is that what is made for?"
i say "no,..not really"

getting fustrated and confused she gets a little angery,.. and snorts,." well if you dont hunt with it,..and it was not made for target shooting,..what is it made to shoot at!?"
i look at her and calmly tell her,..... "well orginally,.....people"

at this point her boyfriend/husband,...who watched and heard all of this unfold completly lost it,. and was laughing his @$$ off,.(apparently his brother had one and had the same kinda conversation with his wife when he brought one home the year before)

naturally she flips the F out,...and gets all histerical like i just killed a puppy in front of he,. and was almost screaming "what do you need that for!??,...is that even legal?!!,..whats wrong with you!!"

that rifle got alot of attention that day.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like she was begging you to draw down on her.

Next time:
- draw down
- buttstroke to the head
- hit her in the pooper
- take pictures
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Anytime the sheeple see or get wind of a firearm, theres no telling what kind of shit will happen. Its best to just conceal them, I found that out the hard way yesterday during a FTF transaction.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Next time:
- draw down
- buttstroke to the head
- hit her in the pooper
- take pictures

-hit her in the pooper???,..well she was pretty good looking,...but then again i had only been back from iraq for a month (everything looked good)

her boyfriend/husband got her under control,.and basically had to break everything down to her dumb ass with crayolas and construction paper.

again this was in Killeen, Tx. all the soccer moms and officers wives where clueless about anything that even looked like a firearm.

now up where im at now in PA it is nothing to see someone walking to where ever with a rifle slung over there back.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#25]
You should have told her they were airsoft or replicas, you would have avoided the whole thing!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Next time:
- draw down
- buttstroke to the head
- hit her in the pooper
- take pictures

LOL!  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#28]
While its a free country, and you can do what you want, I was always taught NOT to advertise the fact that you have weapons to your neighbors..

It might be more then your neighbors that are watching you.. Could be thieves that come rob you while you are away... Having an evil AW is the perfect target.

And sad to say, but in this day in age you have to worry about your neighbors getting all scared and calling the police becuase they think you are a terrorist cell just for owning an AK. This might be snowballed into something else, and before you know it, the Police are raiding your house, looking for evil AWs... Why you will probably come up on top, its not worth the bother.

Other reasons that I cant think of.

Of course, I am always super paranoid.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
was she old?

LOL!  That was going to be my exact question.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I was shipping a remington 710 in 30.06 a couple of weeks ago from one of those mail box stores. It was laying on the counter with the bolt leying beside it and here comes this lady in and looks like shes gonna vomit. Getting loud she says "Whats that for" I say "Its a hunting rifle" and she says "What do you have it here for?" I say because I am shipping it. She gets all attitudey I tell her "Calm down ma'am its not loaded and its not gonna hurt anyone" with alittle attitude. by this time she gets all pissy and says......"I think I will just come back later" So I tell her "Well thats probably best!" After she huffs out. The owner looks at me and says....."Good, I cant stand that woman!" Apparently she has made a scene in there before. Some times I just want to point my guns at people who act like that. Just to see what thier reaction would be!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
You should have told her they were airsoft or replicas, you would have avoided the whole thing!

I don't know.  That would be kind of like saying you were gay to avoid an obnoxious woman.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Since I borrowed my neighbors press to remove my m92's barrel, I took the work in progress over to show him. Wife comes out into garage, asks "What's that"? Husband says"It's an AK47".
Wife says"Yeah right, what is it really?" When assured it was, proceeds to ask the million dollar question,"What do you need THAT for?"
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm not one to "show-off" or display my weapons to the general public.  I realize the inherent trouble from would-be thieves, paranoid neighbors, etc.  

I just happened to be loading this AK into the truck, but the weapon was still on my shoulder.  I simply wasn't thinking.  Next time, I will definitely place any weapon I bring outside, in a case.  It was a circumstance I would have rather avoided.

And yes, she was an older woman.  Probably in her '70s.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Plus i would think you dont want it to just bounce around in the back, scrathing it all up.

I guess that is why alot of used guns look bad and all of mine still look new.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Plus i would think you dont want it to just bounce around in the back, scrathing it all up.

I guess that is why alot of used guns look bad and all of mine still look new.

Uhhh...I put it in the cab, surrounded by cased guns.  I don't know what "scrathing" means...oh, you mean scratching.  I get it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#36]
I never am in public eye with my firearms, unless im at the range...

at home I can go to either of my neighbors yards with my rifles in hand, being that we set back 200-300ft back from the road and its a private, semi enclosed area.  Both my neighbors are gun nuts...one is a prison guard...he has a AR, evil WASR, and several other firearms...the other neighbor is a professional target pistol shooter, he has several pistols,...no rifles.

I dont clean my rifles on the front porch even if its a beautiful day,...reason being, people on the road/highway will think im the next Malvo and report me....then the PD would show up and shoot my non-existant dog without reason.  I only bring my firearms out back, like to the pool area, which again is private and cannot be seen by public eye.

For transport in car, if you "disturb the peace" by leaving your AK on the seat next to you, chances are you will get in trouble or stopped for SOMETHING...regardless of how legal it may be,  you will make a scene on the road.

Just be smart and dont have firearms in public eye/view, ...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:20:16 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
"What do you need THAT for?"

Why is it, that all gun ignorant people ask this question?
What would be the best response? One that would end all the questioning and other bullshit?

I usually say "I don't need this weapon, I want this weapon".
Or "In case we're attacked by zombies"!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:19:25 AM EDT
[#38]
You have to remember, that nature has a tendency of weeding these people out.  They'll be unarmed with the S@#$ comes, and probably will be done away with by the baddies.  Ahhh.... the circle of life.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:23:09 AM EDT
[#39]
because the layout of my house it's easier to walk out the front door and then to the garage to load up for the range, I just make sure everything's in a case, I dont go out of the way to be secretive about it nor show offy either.  never had any problems
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:26:14 AM EDT
[#40]
"No maam, it is not an assault rifle. It is a regular rifle that came with a wood stock but my uncle that passed away left it to me in his will and I wanted to keep the wood looking nice so I got this crappy looking plastic stock for it just so I could take it out once a year and target shoot. I could put the wood stock on it but the plastic stock doesn't scratch as easily as the wood stock because I'll never get to see my deceased uncle again and I'm pretty sure he would want the wood stock kept looking nice."

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:29:29 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"What do you need THAT for?"

Why is it, that all gun ignorant people ask this question?
What would be the best response? One that would end all the questioning and other bullshit?

I usually say "I don't need this weapon, I want this weapon".
Or "In case we're attacked by zombies"!

This question INSTANTLY offends me. So I usually follow up with a good
"To shoot people"
"Because the constitution says I can have it"
Or if its one of my friends, or someone I know
"Have you ever shot one of these? If you had you wouldnt be asking me that question"
But then again anyone I consider a friend either has an AK47 already or wants one!

But  I live in an apartment and have a gun rack with my guns hanging on it in my living room window.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:52:23 AM EDT
[#43]
I live in base housing.  Those familiar with it know, that you have the option of having a rank/name plate put just below the number on your house.  The guy who lives across the street from me (i kid you not and will take a photo to prove it if you guys want) is "TSgt Assman".  Swear to god.  It's apparently pronounced "Oz-mun", but come on.  it's ass, man!  

Anyway, a friend of mine and I were getting ready for a day at the range, and were bringing out (several) cased firearms from my house and putting them in the truck.  Ass-man decided to pipe up and shout "Hey what you guys need all them guns fer, anyway?"

My friend Dustin calmly, and very slowly, turned to face him and said "Hey!  ASS MAN!"  stared him down for about 10 full (very long) seconds, then turned and proceeded to continue loading the truck.

Ass man hasn't said a thing to me since.  I kinda like it that way.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:53:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Should have put granny in the truck with you and took her shootin..........................let the old gal do some "Bumpin" hehehehheeheheheheh
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:01:00 AM EDT
[#45]
please don't ever refer to the elderly using the word "bumpin".  it just ain't right.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#46]
If that lady was old you could have asked her why did she need a car that could go 120 miles an hour
when all she was going to do was drive 35 in the left lane with her signal on.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
You should be real careful who sees your weapons, illegal or  not. That woman is going to blab to anyone who will listen that you have this or that. Who knows, maybe one of her friends shit bag teenage sons will overhear the conversation. You have no idea where that info will end up. Its not like she wont hesitate to point your house out to anyone with an interest, you know, the more people that can keep an eye on you the better.

Fairly valid point, I am pretty discreet when loading my stuff into the vehicles.

When I obtained my ccw permit, the Sherif advised (sternly) that I was to carry "concealed"  he did not need one of his peace officers taken out of service to investigate some dude packing a pistol.

Also like cookie said, no need for advertisement.  I know what I have, my family and dear friends know what I have, Uncle Sam knows, (all %100 usda legal) and that is all that matters
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#48]
(Dip Shit Dumb Bitch): What do you need that for?

(Me): To piss you off!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#49]
My dad was called a "baby killer" by some woman when he picked up his AR15 a few years ago at the Quantico PX of all places.

I was disappointed when him,  my bro, and myself were at the same counter when I bought my M1A and my HK Tactical and all we got was the, "You want both of them?!"  Yes I do, you take American Express, right?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

But  I live in an apartment and have a gun rack with my guns hanging on it in my living room window.

Wow.  I don't care where you live, that does not sound like a smart thing to do.  All someone would have to do is watch you leave and then they can steal them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top