Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2011 3:04:37 PM EST
Last month I purchased the Interarms AK-74 with wood stock from Atlantic Firearms, but before it arrived I injured my left quadricep tendon and had to wait to fire it. I did so today. Overall the rifle is very nice. No canted sights. Nice dark gray parkerizing, just like a U.S. M16. The stocks are reddish in color and decent. I used the russian surplus 7n6 5.45x39 from AIM surplus. The combination was absolutely accurate. I fired 90 rounds at a measured 100 yards at pine cones and hit them many numerous times. At 200 yards I was able to hit the mark on a cliff bank with accuracy. There were no failures out of the three mags I shot. I am totally satisfied with this weapon. Now if I could just find a 10 round magazine for less than $45, and a drum magazine I would be in tall cotton!
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 3:51:19 PM EST
10rd magazines here.
Unfortunately, drums for 5.45 are pricey at 300.00 as they are custom made from 7.62 drums.
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 8:53:28 AM EST
I picked mine up Friday, haven't shot it yet though. Sounds like it's much the same as yours, very straight. Also has a side rail- which doesn't matter to me, but some may be interested in that. The wood isn't great= typical surplus. The lower hand-guard in particular was grimy and dark. I sanded the hand-guards and put a couple coats of Danish oil on them and they look & feel much better now. Also, added the 1" butt pad extension. Overall it appears to be exactly as Atlantic describes/pictures it on their site. Should get it out to shoot soon.
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 9:03:59 AM EST
If you just want the 10 round magazines for range use TAPCO is releasing them soon in 5.45x39.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 10:34:21 AM EST
Shot mine today, put about 300 rounds of russian surplus through it with no problems. Other than it shooting 10-12 inches right @ 100 yards its a good rifle. Now I just gotta figure out how to adjust the sights for windage
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:14:52 PM EST
Took mine out for the first time today. Only put 4 mags of Russian surplus though it but without a single issue in feeding, key-holing, etc. This target is from the first mag, shooting standing off hand at 50 yds. The first 10 rounds form the 'group' to the right, I pushed the front site- a little too much- and got the far left bunch, tweaked it back and got the middle, more or less. I'm pleased so far and will really wring it out next time I take it out.
Top Top