Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/2/2011 3:34:28 PM EDT
Is it possible to just get my SA-93 barrel threaded 14x1 for a muzzle brake?  Or is that not safe, and/or sacrilege?

After reading reviews I want to install this on my SA-93.
http://www.redstradingpost.net/auction_images/Auction_Arms/FSC47/FSC47.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You can but legally you will have to make it 922R compliant.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
What is that?  Is that the rule where I have to replace at least 5 parts with parts made in the USA?  If so, that will not be  problem.  I'm new to AK-47s by the way.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#3]
The Bulgarian SA-93 and the later SLR-95 and 96 thread nicely.
The only problem is that the front sight support doesn't have a muzzle attachment locking pin and spring, nor does it have a hole for one.

Your choices are to have a different front sight support with the hole and plunger assembly installed on the barrel, drill the original front sight support so a pin and spring can be installed, or use some sort of washer to secure the muzzle attachment so it won't unscrew.
The last choice is to have the muzzle attachment silver brazed or welded on the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  I will just use a lock washer or high temp loctite...when I have the parts in hand I'll be able to figure it out.  I'm sure it won't be hard.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help guys, and this site!  I just ordered everything needed to easily do the job myself from cnvwarriors.com.  I tried calling to see if everything was in stock, but no one answered.  I just went ahead and ordered as their site said it was all in stock.

Thanks,
Mike
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top