Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 9:39:48 PM EDT
Hello guys - I've always been on the "dark side" of this board, but I recently recently inherited several firearms, including this Norinco AK. It looks brand new, the bolt still has grease on it - I don't think it has ever been fired.

Anyways, I've been checking the FAQs and reading what I can, but I still have two questions.

Obviously, the furniture on this gun is different than usual. The handguard is longer, and its one solid piece. The stock is also not a pistol grip. Is this just something they did for the AWB ban, or is it something else?

The lower receiver seems to be a little differently shaped where the pistol grip would normally be. Is this something that I could convert to a no-ban easily, or should I just enjoy it as is?

Thanks in advance

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Norinco Hunter - IIRC.

Ive never seen one converted to traditional look, but I have seen some sell for a fair $ to be Galil doner recievers.

Id guees it to be worth around 4-500 maybe?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Norinco Hunter - IIRC.

Ive never seen one converted to traditional look, but I have seen some sell for a fair $ to be Galil doner recievers.

Saw one in not so great condition for $350 bare in mind for forseeable future or possibly permanantly they are barred from importation.  Thank the GOP and GWHB specificly for that.  Conversions not that hard same as a Saiga.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:35:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Norinco Hunter - IIRC.

Saw one in not so great condition for $350 bare in mind for forseeable future or possibly permanantly they are barred from importation.  Thank the GOP and GWHB specificly for that.  Conversions not that hard same as a Saiga.

Yeah, I might have been off there, sorry. I thought I saw one ont he EE for that, but maybe it never sold who knows. It wouldnt be hard to convert Im sure.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#4]
If you could get a traditional stock and grip (maybe from Ironwood) and convert the trigger over you would still have an odd looking receiver - the angled-up magwell would not look right.  I suggest leaving it as is.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll probably leave it as is, and just pick up another one someday

Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:24:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'll probably leave it as is, and just pick up another one someday

Thanks everyone

Probably the best choice.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:46:40 AM EDT
[#7]
yea its not an easy swap like a saiga the front of rec has no hole for the hg's
but with alot of cash it could be 1 hell of a nice galil
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top