Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/17/2003 6:44:47 PM EDT
I'm finally looking at getting another AK after the mess of a rifle that I received from Global Trades last May. Those guys gave me a bad taste for quite some time. I know, I know I should have listened when everyone said get an SAM-7 but I insisted on learning the hard way. So in a month or two I should hopefully be the satisfied owner of an SAM-7. Anyway the one I'm interested in is the SAM-7S that is for sale at Atlantic Firearms. Does anyone have any information about these guys that would be useful to me (i.e. are they good to do business with)? I don't want to get burned by another company like Global. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:32:53 AM EDT
Blane Bunting at Atlantic Firearms is a great guy to deal with. He is a little hard to get in contact with, but I have no problems buying from him again. Now the FFL I used that's another story.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:06:13 AM EDT
I agree, Blane is one of the good guys. I'd do business with him anytime.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:30:57 PM EDT
agreed
blaine is a great guy
I got my RF109 from him and they are a top notch bunch to deal with
Im already looking into another toy from them
no problems here
other than I couldnt wait for my rifle
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:19:50 PM EDT
Guys,
Blaine is great! Do your deal.

Todd@ORF
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:14:37 PM EDT
00_buckshot, don't mean to rub salt in your wounds; but just what kind of problem did you have with global trades? i'm just trying to avoid future aggravation. pm me if you wish.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:08:47 AM EDT
I'd like to know what mess that global trades started? I'v done business with them before, and thought they were a good company to do business with.
OJF
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:26:23 AM EDT
My beef was with a gentlemen named Ron who I guess is part owner. I bought one of their SSR-56 rifles in May and when I received it I noticed several things that didn't sit right with me. There was park missing in several areas, the wood was dinged up, and the rear sight was seriously canted. Upon test firing the damn thing failed to feed about half the rounds in the magazine. I used several different high quality mags to make sure it wasn't a mag problem and discovered it wasn't. I then called Global and talked with Jimmy and he told me to ship the rifle back with a list of what was wrong with it and they would fix it. His exact words were, "there are too many AK owners in the world and we can't afford to piss any of them off." Anyways 3 or 4 weeks later I finally got the rifle back and to my suprise nothing was fixed. The sight was as canted as ever and the thing still malfunctioned worse than anything I've ever seen. I called again and they said ship it back and we'll take care of it. After they received it Ron called me and told me as a customer I expect too much and I was crazy to think that an AK should be as reliable as a Swiss Watch. I told him all I wanted was a functioning rifle and he told me they would just refund my money. There customer service was my biggest complaint. Customer service is everything to me.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:49:35 AM EDT
Blaine is a great guy to deal with ,I purchased
an Olympic Arms CAR 97 from him last year and was very happy with the transaction. I would definitely do buisness with Atlantic Firearms in the future.
Top Top