Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2003 11:31:58 PM EDT
Supposedly IO (Interordinance) is going to ship my Romak3 (Romanian PSL knockoff...which is a Russian Dragunov knockoff) next week. After shooting my friends SAR1 a few weekends ago, and watching him throw down 120 bucks for 1000 rounds of ammo, as opposed to me paying 200 for my .223, I knew I needed a commie weapon, and ordered the Romak3 along with 780 rounds of Czech Silvertip ammo. Cant wait.

So I went down to the gunstore today to check and make sure all with the FFL was straight, and took a look around as usual. I fell immediately in love.

Arsenal Inc RPK-7. They are asking 899.99, but knowing this gunshop, I could knock about 30-50 off that. Is that a good price? Ive looked everywhere and cant find one for a better deal. Ive already read all the goodies about Arsenal Inc making their own parts, forging and milling every moving peice...and beleive me, this thing is absolutely pristine. Call it the AR15 of AK47s if you will...its practically a communist ferrari. Can you tell im in love with it?

Im taking ownership of my buddies SAR1 tommorow when he ships off for Valley Forge (he is going infantry.) I dont ship off until fall...maybe later if the snow is good this year ;)

That RPK7 is going to be the death of my bank account...anyone else have one?

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:07:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an RPK, but not that one.  I made mine when they weren't available on the market.  It is an excellent gun.  Just about my favorite. Arsenal makes an excellent product as well.   Buy it without fear of disappointment.  You will be pleased.  By the way.  The Czech silvertip is corrosive, so clean your gun thoroughly.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:27:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I recently aquired an Arsenal RPK. I paid a bit more than the $900 your store is asking, which, IMO is a GREAT price.

I cant believe you have scooped the thing up yet.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:39:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Good price, go for it. These guns hold their value better than a lot of other toys.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:47:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Supposedly IO (Interordinance) is going to ship my Romak3 (Romanian PSL knockoff...which is a Russian Dragunov knockoff) next week.

dravisar, thanks for the IO post as I'm supposed to be on the list to get one of their SSG-97's (Romak III) and I'll be calling again on Monday.

5sub
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#5]
The Arsenal RPK-7 is absolutely beautiful.  I have seen those sell for much higher prices.  Don't hesitate or you will be kicking yourself later.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I cant wait for the Romak3...IO has been a little less than urgent about keeping people updated, they told me theyd have them in stock by last monday, but that turned into this upcoming monday. I dont expect to get it for another month ;)

so 900 isnt a bad deal on that RPK? Damn I want it...all aftermarket mags will work in it right? Should be pretty accurate...maybe ill get a credit card and go down and buy it :)
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#7]
All 7.62 AK mags will work.  Get it and post pics!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top