Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/19/2003 7:59:30 AM EDT
I'm going to be purchasing my next rifle from Global Trades.  It will be the SSR-56 w/the blond furniture.  I've heard only good things about this rifle & company plus the price is just right. I can't justify spending more than $500 to $600 dollars on an AK. My question is does anybody advise against this as my next purchase and why?  Is there something else I should be looking at instead?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#2]
From Arsenal Inc?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up an Arsenal Inc carbine for $575. If I were you I would give it a close look. All forged and CNC machined. The trigger is smooth, overall the best AK I've ever seen.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#5]
So Campy post the a link. Which one are they?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this it, Campy?

ARSENAL INC.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I am so impressed with my recently purchased Sam 7 from Arsenal (Las Vegas) that I just sold my SAR1 redo and ordered a SAM 7S (has a side rail).

The Sam 7 I have is accurate, has a great trigger, and very well finished.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the looks of the Arsenal Inc. SAM-series rifles, but can anyone steer me to a place that has them in stock?  Or do I order directly from the manufacturer?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Campy's talking about this rifle and I 100% agree:

www.arsenalinc.com/

They're much better made and far more accurate than what Global Trades in Houston sells.

These guys should have them in stock, along with Lew Horton's:

www.atlanticfirearms.com/

www.lewhorton.com/

I wish I would have bought one instead of my SAR-2.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Okay, the SAM-7 sounds to be pretty good but how easy would it be to remove the awful brake in favor of a more accurate looking AK74 style brake or slanted AKM brake? Also the shape of the stock is horrible looking compared to the SSR-56.  Is there any easy way around this without having to spend more money?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#11]
As good as the SA M7 is, if you have your mind set on an AKM you could do pretty well with an SSR-56, or even an SSR-85C for not much more, which is reputed to be an excellent rifle. The SSR-85C is out of production, but they appear to have a few at Atlantic Firearms (http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#12]
The brake works well, and the stock may look bad, but that's because it's on a milled receiver.

I'm not sure what it would take to have the brake removed, but I take it that there is no threaded front sight base on that rifle for an AK-74 brake. You'd have to use an adaptor, and it would end up looking like a$$ (just a guess about the front sight base or lack there of).

If you're hell bent on putting on an AK-74 type brake, call up AK-USA and tell him you want an "accurate" depiction of an AK-103. He'll weld all the holes, do the white painting of the Izmash markings, throw on a 800 meter 7.62x39 mm sight, etc. The only things wrong with the damn Saiga conversion is the lack of dimples stamped near the mag well (you won't have any wobble with your magazines though, I guarantee you that) and the strange receiver angle on the rear (Saiga spec vs. military AK-103 spec...who knows why they made the addition cuts).

Here: www.ak-103.com

Oh, and the brake isn't chrome lined, but other than that, it's an exact copy of the Bulgarian brakes. Overall, it's a damn good rifle if you want a stamped receiver.

Still though, I'd still look at that SAM-7S if you can get your hands on one. It's a damn good rifle. Who cares about the funky looking brake. It works fine and it's not a noise maker like most American copies.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top