Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/10/2003 9:33:14 AM EDT
and bought my first Kalashnikov. I picked up a Maadi MISR via a private sale for $200. New furniture and trigger are already ordered. The question now is how to attach a muzzle brake. Is it possible to buy a front sight block with the threaded end and pin a muzzle atachment to it to comply with the '94 Crime Bill? I appreciate any advice on options I have for installing one..
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:43:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:44:58 AM EDT
Unless I am way off...are you talking about the threads on the end of the Barrel? Not at all related to the front sight block. It has to be permanently attached----silver solder or arc-weld.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:52:21 AM EDT
Thanks Campybob,

I think you have a solution I can work with. If I can fit a Bulgarian sight block on with the muzzle brake permanently attached, I think I am good to go.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:53:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RichinCM:
and bought my first Kalashnikov. I picked up a Maadi MISR via a private sale for $200. New furniture and trigger are already ordered. The question now is how to attach a muzzle brake. Is it possible to buy a front sight block with the threaded end and pin a muzzle atachment to it to comply with the '94 Crime Bill? I appreciate any advice on options I have for installing one..

It's geared towards Romanian rifles, but it applies equally to just about any AK: Romanian nuzzle brake FAQ
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:07:28 AM EDT
I measured the barrel forward of the sight block and it is .480". I assume that the barrel was turned down to remove the muzzle threads. I'll have to investigate switching the sight block to see if that is an option.
Top Top