Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 9:33:14 AM EDT
and bought my first Kalashnikov.  I picked up a Maadi MISR via a private sale for $200.  New furniture and trigger are already ordered.  The question now is how to attach a muzzle brake.  Is it possible to buy a front sight block with the threaded end and pin a muzzle atachment to it to comply with the '94 Crime Bill?  I appreciate any advice on options I have for installing one..
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Unless I am way off...are you talking about the threads on the end of the Barrel? Not at all related to the front sight block. It has to be permanently attached----silver solder or arc-weld.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Campybob,

I think you have a solution I can work with.  If I can fit a Bulgarian sight block on with the muzzle brake permanently attached, I think I am good to go.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
and bought my first Kalashnikov.  I picked up a Maadi MISR via a private sale for $200.  New furniture and trigger are already ordered.  The question now is how to attach a muzzle brake.  Is it possible to buy a front sight block with the threaded end and pin a muzzle atachment to it to comply with the '94 Crime Bill?  I appreciate any advice on options I have for installing one..

It's geared towards Romanian rifles, but it applies equally to just about any AK: Romanian nuzzle brake FAQ
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I measured the barrel forward of the sight block and it is .480".  I assume that the barrel was turned down to remove the muzzle threads.  I'll have to investigate switching the sight block to see if that is an option.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top