Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 1:41:51 PM EDT
I'm new to AK's and Ak builds, but I've jumped head first into a parts kit from dpharms.

Now, my question has to do with receivers. Whats the difference between having trunion holes or not having them?

I ordered a romanian kit, just FYI.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Trunnion holes drilled or not?  That is the question.  Some guys (like me) like the holes drilled.  It saves me the headache of locating them myself.  Problem is, they aren't always totally accurately located.  It is personal preference as to whether or not you want to drill your own or get a receiver without then drilled.  I have recently been introduced to the "hole finder" that makes it easy as pie to locate holes, so if I ever build any more AKs, and I finally break down and use a manufactured receiver, I will get my receivers without holes drilled.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
What would I need to drill my own holes, and how would I go about figuring it all out?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Read this thread at Gunco.net.

Gunco.net thread

If you aren't a member there yet, go ahead and join.  The guys over there are a wealth of information.  The inventor of the boltcutter rivet tool is one of the resident experts there.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top