Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/11/2014 10:53:32 AM EDT
This is fucking ridiculous.

First Jard I had, wouldn't give primer strikes.  The hammer face wasn't hardened at all, and was cratering like crazy after just 4-5 attempts to fire the gun.

Got in touch with them, and 9 months later (yes, 9 damn months) I had a new unit in hand.  Okay, long-assed wait, but a small company, maybe some more important clientele ahead of me.  I get that.

Then I went to the range.  Lo and behold, primers were firing off no problem.  Well.....at least the first 6 did.  Then I couldn't even cycle the bolt carrier because the hammer wouldn't reset.

Got it apart today.  Pot. Fucking. Metal.

no_more_jard by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

I'm done trying to get this shit to function.  If they had QC worth a damn, the trigger would be fucking amazing.

They don't, obviously.....so it's nothing but a huge damn disappointment.

Forewarned is something or other.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, that's crap.  I've been curious about their triggers for a long time.. but screw that.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, that's crap.  I've been curious about their triggers for a long time.. but screw that.
View Quote

Yeah, just in case someone reads this and isn't quite sure where I stand, I can honestly say I'm unable to recommend their products.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#3]
This is kind of apples to oranges I know but I tried a Jard trigger on a Winchester Model 70 varmint a couple of years ago.

Too light of a pull, too long of a trigger pull (length of travel to release firing pin), inconsistence, quickly wore away contact surfaces.

Worst. Trigger. Ever.

My example was so bad I didn`t bother asking for a replacement figuring what I`d be given wouldn`t be any better.

I vowed never to use their products again- sorry you experience was similar to mine.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:00:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Sucks for sure.

My only solace is the fact I picked up the original one for less than a G2 a long while back, so thankfully I wasn't out the ridiculous price they put on them new.

Hopefully this inexpensive lesson for me can help others in the future.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Never been tempted by their products.  Now I know for sure to stay away.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, glad I went with a Timney instead!
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wasn't aware Timney made AK triggers.  Got a link?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ooops! Thought we were talking AR triggers, my bad.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top