Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/3/2003 8:05:20 PM EDT
Well, I ordered a Yugo SKS from them and there was an option for $10 more that the Log Book for that rifle can be ordered with it.

Well, I got the rifle, its in great shape and shoots wonderful out of the box but the damn log book's SN# doesnt match the rifle. I can read Russian pretty well (I know Yugoslavian is a little different) so I knoe FOR A FACT its the the correct book.

Do you suspect they just throw any log nook with a rifle or do you think I should let them know about it?
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
CALL THEM UP!!!!!!!!!!

(could be a mistake)
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
CALL THEM UP!!!!!!!!!!

(could be a mistake)

I will, but venting in the meantime helps
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
da

I know exactly what you mean..

here it is that I don't have a job and there are people out there who have them and seems like they don't deserve them (they can't do their job)
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 12:38:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a serialized to my rifle log book with mine even though I didn't pay for one.

The've even changed the ad copy on the website to reflect log book issues.

AIM is as good as it gets with the mass high volume wholesalers.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Well, I ordered a Yugo SKS from them and there was an option for $10 more that the Log Book for that rifle can be ordered with it.

Well, I got the rifle, its in great shape and shoots wonderful out of the box but the damn log book's SN# doesnt match the rifle. I can read Russian pretty well (I know Yugoslavian is a little different) so I knoe FOR A FACT its the the correct book.

Do you suspect they just throw any log nook with a rifle or do you think I should let them know about it?

Link Posted: 10/4/2003 4:55:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The've even changed the ad copy on the website to reflect log book issues.

I dont see where that is. I still see where it sates this:
"$10 Check this Box and we will make sure your Rifle includes the Original Military "Log Book" Serialized to the Rifle."

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Yugoslavian_M59_66_7_62x39_SKS_Rifle.html#a131
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 5:45:59 AM EDT
[#6]
well I would still suggest AIM surplus over Interoridnance.  The runaround I got on my ROMAK III was such a PITA that I don't think I will ever buy anything from them again.  Hopefully AIM won't give you the run-around.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#7]
M-4,

how is the recoil on this weapon?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Contact Chris at Aimsurplus.  He will make it right.

Aim exchanged a SAR-1 of mine with cracked rivets for another.  Chris picked me a nice replacement.

Nothing but much good luck with AIM.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:59:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
M-4,

how is the recoil on this weapon?

A little more than an M4 and a little less than an AK
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Contact Chris at Aimsurplus.  He will make it right.

Aim exchanged a SAR-1 of mine with cracked rivets for another.  Chris picked me a nice replacement.

Nothing but much good luck with AIM.

Thanks for letting me know.
I guess calling them back wont be a PIA as much as I was thinking it was going to be.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#11]
m4,

how long does it take to reload an sks as compared to an ak?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
m4,

how long does it take to reload an sks as compared to an ak?

Well,

That depends on a few things.

If you plan on usong SKS detachable mags. The int the same as changing a loaded AK mag in an AK.

If you are going to keep the fixed 10round box magazine that comes with the SKS and you are using stripper clips it only takes two seconds to load it up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I was shooting an SKS yesterday.  You can reload it fast enough to get the barrel good and hot.  I can usually charge one in less than 10 seconds if the clip is near at hand.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top