Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/16/2012 2:04:48 PM EDT
I think that a 1-4x scope would be perfect for my 5.56 Arsenal, however I don't particularly like the mounting options. I don't want a side rail mount because you can't fold the stock with the mount on. I don't really use it with the stock folded, but I might as well bought a fixed stock if I was going to add stuff to the gun that made it so I couldn't use certain features that I paid for. So that leaves out the MI, future RS, and other side rail mounts.

I like the idea of the TWS dust cover, but I'd prefer to keep my factory one on it. I even like their new hand guard system except the gap in the gas tube and I will never cut off my factory hand guard retainer to put a rail on, so that also nixes the new MI hand guards.

What I would like is a Larue type SPR-E mount that I could put on an Ultimak, but cantilevers the scope back over the receiver. That way I could still fold the stock. But the Larue and ADM look to be too low to clear the rear sight leaf, and I think that they wouldn't move the scope back far enough for the proper eye relief.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top