Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/2/2005 9:01:29 AM EDT
First off Great site guys... I'm hooked on the wealth of info found on here.

3 questions

If I were planning to have a gunsmith assemble my parts kit, what else do I need before sending it to the gunsmith?

Can someone recommend a good reliable gunsmith that can go a reliable rivet build for cheap?

Anyone know a Good Gunsmith for assembling AKs in Colorado?

Can anyone recommend a good quality parts kit under 200$? I'd like a 7.62X39mm AKM style with standard stocks and a pistol hand grip. I'm not picky about country of origin I just want a good quality trigger assembly and a Decent quality bore.

Thanks for any help.. I can't wait to get a parts kit and start getting more familiar with the AK... I'm not ready to build this one but I think after I've gotten comfortable with the first one I'll build a second one myself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:04:22 AM EDT
Romanian kits from www.interordnance.com are a good value, but you should pay the extra money for a matching numbers kit IMHO. $128

the plastic East german furniture with factory refinished kit is only an extra $10 above the matching numbers kit. $138

best value around right now

global trades/ armory receivers are the best.

And don't trust just anybody to build it. AKs have a lot of little quirks, go with a reputable builder that specializes in AKs, or spend many months reading and do it yourself.

It is asking to much to just go and get a random gunsmith to learn how to build an AK perfect the first try..

there are a million ways to build one wrong, and only one way to build it right.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:06:44 AM EDT
one romanian kit $100-$138, USA double hook trigger group $35, USA gas piston $20-$40, USA pistol grip $10-20, USA receiver, $60-$80

gunsmith fee $150 -and up
Top Top