Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/8/2004 2:02:02 PM EST
I had a slant brake and gas block installed a couple of weeks ago. It is now a no-ban SAR-1.

But I might have gotten the longer detent pin for the brake. The pin would bottom out before the brake would come close to the front sight base, a couple of turns or so. Now this may be copacetic, but I thought it looked bad.

So I pushed the detent in as far as I could, took my handy, dandy AK bayo and marked the top of the detent flush with the sight base.

Installed the brake and took the hacksaw to the detent pin. I thought about using the Dremel but there was something so Third World about using a hacksaw on an AK.

I loosened up the brake as I got near the bottom of the pin. Cleaned up the cut with a needle file and cold blued the threads and tip of the pin.

Now the pin will push in flush with the base and the brake will bottom out on the front site base ¼ shy of the pin. So unscrew ¾ turn to lock the pin in the notch.

Looks mucho grandé.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:37:29 PM EST
A post like that requires pics, where they be?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:38:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:

Installed the brake and took the hacksaw to the detent pin. I thought about using the Dremel but there was something so Third World about using a hacksaw on an AK.

LOL!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:48:35 PM EST
My hard drive had a melt down a month ago and I've been too lazy to reinstall my camera software.

Also my camera isn't too good with macro pics.
Top Top