Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/19/2004 5:59:31 AM EDT
Hello, everyone.  Well, yesterday was my birthday so my present to myself was to order the SEAK II.  I have wanted for so long to have a good AK 74 type rifle and now I can hoave one with folding stock, removable brake, and bayonet lug!  I was wondering about a couple of things and wanted to ask those who know more than me.  Is it a very high quality build, say as good as a Polytech?  Also, I know this is a very relative question, but will a good quality AK 74 tend to shoot better groups (say at 100 yrds) than a AK 47?  I just wonder if the 74 is more inherently accurate.  Also, does anyone know when the SEAK II rifles are slated to be shipped out?  Thanks in advance for replies.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:55:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is it a very high quality build, say as good as a Polytech?

yes. the build quality is darn nice. the finish is better than any poly (i still have a poly legend fixed stock). more importantly, orf backs up what they sell in a way the chinese can not.

Also, I know this is a very relative question, but will a good quality AK 74 tend to shoot better groups (say at 100 yrds) than a AK 47?

as a rule, the ak74 outshoots the ak47/akm...individual examples of each not withstanding the norms. my poly legend is the most accurate 7.62 x 39 ak that i own. my sar2 will out shoot it.

Wow!  Thanks Campybob, that says alot.  Does anyone have any idea of how long it will take this batch of SEAKs to be ready to ship?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it a very high quality build, say as good as a Polytech?

yes. the build quality is darn nice. the finish is better than any poly (i still have a poly legend fixed stock). more importantly, orf backs up what they sell in a way the chinese can not.

Also, I know this is a very relative question, but will a good quality AK 74 tend to shoot better groups (say at 100 yrds) than a AK 47?

as a rule, the ak74 outshoots the ak47/akm...individual examples of each not withstanding the norms. my poly legend is the most accurate 7.62 x 39 ak that i own. my sar2 will out shoot it.

Wow!  Thanks Campybob, that says alot.  Does anyone have any idea of how long it will take this batch of SEAKs to be ready to ship?

In the eye of the soon-to-be-beholder, not short enough.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top