Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/29/2005 8:18:40 AM EDT
I am looking for a shop to do a build on my SAR 2.Any reccomendations from you guys would be a great help.
I am looking for someone that can do some modifications to my SAR 2.I want to remove the front sight base and add a 74 front sight,next I want to remove the SAR 2 fixed wooden stock and add a Krink tiangle sidefolder,finally I am looking to have the SAR 2 refinished in Gun-Kote matte black or a similar brand.
I have all parts to do the conversion,I just need someone that has done this kind of work before and will do a good job.
Ohio Rapid Fire and Newton Firearms are out,only because they are both not taking any work.Shops or individuals in Ohio would be great,but I am open to all suggestions.
  Thanks to everyone that responds.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#1]
JDM,

You might consider picking up a ORF 74s. Check Atalantic Firearms.  The are running around $700.  Compare this to $400-$450 for the parts kit alone plus another $120 for compliance parts plus $300-$400 for a quality build/finish.

You won't be disappointed and you'll still have the SAR.

Bradley5050
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
JDM,

You might consider picking up a ORF 74s. Check Atalantic Firearms.  The are running around $700.  Compare this to $400-$450 for the parts kit alone plus another $120 for compliance parts plus $300-$400 for a quality build/finish.

You won't be disappointed and you'll still have the SAR.

Bradley5050

ORF has Bulgy AK74M kits for $279.

Don't know what that has to do with changing his front sight and adding a folder though. Don't need a kit or compliance parts to do that; the buttstock and sight on a SAR is romanian.

JDM, I will be getting my PKMKS back from Global Military Gunsmithing soon and I will post a review. They have no backlog and are very reasonable in price; I've also heard that Coyote Gulch does good work with good prices.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My Bulgy 74 is 2", SAR2 is 2.5"

What is 2"/2.5"?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is 2"/2.5"?

I think muzzle brakes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am looking for a shop to do a build on my SAR 2.Any reccomendations from you guys would be a great help.
I am looking for someone that can do some modifications to my SAR 2.I want to remove the front sight base and add a 74 front sight,next I want to remove the SAR 2 fixed wooden stock and add a Krink tiangle sidefolder,finally I am looking to have the SAR 2 refinished in Gun-Kote matte black or a similar brand.
I have all parts to do the conversion,I just need someone that has done this kind of work before and will do a good job.
Ohio Rapid Fire and Newton Firearms are out,only because they are both not taking any work.Shops or individuals in Ohio would be great,but I am open to all suggestions.
  Thanks to everyone that responds.

Try Ken @ Global

Ant
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I have emailed Glen at Global.I hope he takes it b/c everyone else is booked into mid 2006!
For those of you who are suggesting that i buy a parts kit or a new rifle,I am buying a ORF 74 parts kit tommorow for another future build.I already have all of the parts to do the SAR2 I got the sidefolder for freeoff of a co worker and I bought the Bulgarian 74 front sight base off of ebay about a month ago for $23.00 shipped.Now I need some Russian handguards and I should have a decent looking SAR2.It is ugly right now,being that its a ban rifle it has no threads or bayo lug,but I bought it at a funshow for a great price.I didnt need  a  3rd AK ,but I couldnt pass it!
Thanks for the help guys,does anyone know of anyone else doing this kind of work?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is 2"/2.5"?

I think muzzle brakes.

It's his shooting groups at 100 yds. like 2" MOA and 2.5" MOA. Bulgarian shoots 1/2 inch more accurate than the Romanian 5.45mm.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Try Mario at piece of history firearms. He has done some work for me in the past.

www.pieceofhistoryfirearms.com
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:39:00 AM EDT
[#12]
The bulgarian front sight base will NOT fit a romanian rifle without being shimmed, its ID is greater than the OD of the romanian barrel...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top