Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 9:44:43 PM EDT
Anybody know of anybody that works on AK's I screwed mine up bad trying to thread it for a krink flash suppressor.  I need the screwed up portion cutoff and then threaded 1/2X28 so my Krink suppressor can be installed.  Is that even legal.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:05:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Jayson at IGF. WWW.INVESTMENTGRADEFIREARMS.COM
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:39:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:29:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I am not in Canada I don't know why my profile shows that.  I am in Wisconsin (Damn close though).  So I take it that what I have is not an original krink suppressor
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:34:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am not in Canada I don't know why my profile shows that.  I am in Wisconsin (Damn close though).  So I take it that what I have is not an original krink suppressor

When you say "Krink Suppressor", do you mean one of those Krink Flash Hiders that people are putting on their short barreled AR-15s?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry yeah I meant krink flash suppressor.  It's the one you can get from ADCO firearms for $110.  I have seen them on AR's but this is for a 7.62.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Whoa whoa whoa...

First - what does screwed up mean?  Did you try to thread & get the threads cockeyed?  Run over the front of the gun with a tank?  Let us know.... EVERYTHING that happens does not mean "cut off the end of my barrel" :)
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I had to sand the barrel down to get it from.546 to .500 so I could use the die I bought.  I threaded the first 9/16" of the barrel and the flash hider sits cockeyed.  So now I spend my days punching myself in the balls for being so stupid I am a cop not a machinist. What the F^&* was I thinking.  I have a picture but dont know how to get it on here.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#10]
OK - GOOD job.  ALL IS NOT LOST....  I see that you said this:

"I threaded the first 9/16" of the barrel "

Now - is there a good chunk of barrel BEHIND that?  If so, Good... you could recover from this.
The secret part that you are lacking is called a TAT (Thread Alighnment tool).  You need one for a 7.62x39 barrel, designed for 1/2x28 threads.  Use this, rethread (you can't really hurt the front part more), and go deeper.  CAREFULLY screw your brake on to catch the "right" threads.  Also - use an adjustable die to DEEPEN your new threads.

You can get one of these HERE:

https://www.shop.preciseinnovationsllc.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=52&categoryId=3

Now - be aware of what success means.  You can put a 1/2x28 flash hider on your 7.62 rifle - BUT YOU MUST BORE IT OUT!  If you do not, and you try to fire a 7.62mm bullet thru a flash hider designed for a 223?  DEATH OR SERIOUS INJURY could result.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Thank you so much.  I wish I would have talked to you before I started this project I would have saved myself alot of headache.  Thank you for taking the time.

Dan
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#12]
No problem Dan :)  For reference?  I'm a Chemist.  Eight years ago I knew NOTHING about AKs.  Now?  I have about 15-18 builds.  We ALL make mistakes... keep at it - it's how we learn :)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top