Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2003 7:59:25 PM EDT
Saw this in the EE if anyone is interested.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=177120
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#1]
thnx Hiram
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:55:16 AM EDT
[#2]
See another WTS Kobra post

for specs and description: Kobra

Don't forget to use "AR15" as the discount code to get the $137.70 price
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Kobras are becoming scarce? Anyone know why?
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Hi Yuri!

Guys, I can't stress how quick Yuri was getting my scope to me.  I recommend FreedomOptics highly.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:40:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

This seems like a real good price to me. I wish Tantal had prices listed so I could make a comparison. What price should a person expect to pay?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:51:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Bought a Kobra from Yuri at freedomoptics.com two weeks ago.

From the time I hit the SUBMIT button on Paypal to the delivery guy placing the scope in my hands: 71 hours, 26 minutes.

That's New York to Phoenix!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:57:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This seems like a real good price to me. I wish Tantal had prices listed so I could make a comparison. What price should a person expect to pay?

freedomoptics has great prices, Yuri is great to deal with. I paid 145 shipped priority mail, which is right around what Tantal charges.
Yuri is also very fast, i paid the evening of the 13th, and my kobra arrived yesterday, the 16th. they also take paypal. which made the purchase easy and quick.
i bought ny first kobra from tantal, and the experience was great with him also, unfortunately tantal is out of stock right now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:00:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmmm, maybe I should start paying more attention in the optics forum. I assume there are multiple models, is this the ONE to get?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:03:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Kobras are becoming scarce? Anyone know why?

Most imported gun-related products go in cycles.  Someone imports a shipment of an item, then sells them off.  Hopefully he makes a profit, pays his debts and starts the procsee all over again for another shipment.  Hopefully it cycles fast enough that there isn't any market impact.  

If the next shipment isn't as quick, then there's a gap in supply compared to demand.  The gap is almost always temporary on items that are current production and shouldn't be used as a reason to panic.  

Cars, like Honda's etc, get sold so fast that the shipments basically never stop flowing.  Gun-related items are a much smaller market, and so the volume is less.  Also the people involved aren't gigantic corporations, but usually some dude and his buddies that scraped up some financial backing, so they have to make sure to pay everyone else off first, then go looking for more capital.  

I wouldn't worry about Kobra's getting scarce in the long run.  I wouldn't wait too long to get one, as importation always is at the whim of politics, and prices generally always go up, but I wouldn't just run out and buy one at three times the value because they are getting harder to find.

Ross
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:12:55 AM EDT
[#10]
heres a link to tantals site with pics and descriptions of the 2 models.
tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstkobra.html
basicaly the EKP-8-02 uses a lithium camera type battery, and has the controls on the right side, and the adjustment knobs are unprotected..
the EKP-1S-03M used AA batteries, and the controls are on the bottom left of the unit.
the adjustment knobs on this model are protected with covers.This model also comes with a rubber sun shade attachment.
i bought my EKP-8-02 frpm tantal and am happy with it, i purchased the EKP-1S-03M from Yuri, but i havent got to the range with it yet.

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#11]
i purchased the EKP-1S-03M from Yuri, but i havent got to the range with it yet.

Hey EX! Hope you have better luck the EKP-1 than I have. Be REAL careful with the disk locking nuts when zeroing. I lossened them up enough to get full travel and, during recoil, the whole elevation setup departed the gun. I'm still looking for the parts.

I also had the battery cap pop off twice during a CPS match this morning.

As to the "protective" covers over the adjustment discs: the one for the windage will no longer stay shut after 150 rounds. It just flops around open.

Maybe I'll see you @ BASF.

SD

SD
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Sailor,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you encountered.  If you can't find the parts that you lost while zeroing the sight, I'll try to get whatever you need in the next shipment and will generally try to obtain some part kits to be able to rectify mishaps like yours.

This is the first time I'm stocking the Kobra sights and, so far, I've been very pleased with the quality of the product.  I plan to start offering the full line of the Kobra sights in the near future.  From what I hear, people have been very happy with the quality and performance of the Kobra sights generally and with the EKP-1S-03 model in particular.  I undestand that the Kobra sight is considered the primary choice for an AK red dot sight.  I personally haven't had a chance to spend enough range time with the Kobra, but will try in the near future.

With respect to the battery compartment cap, are you sure that you tighten it all the way?  To be fully locked, it has to be pushed all the way in and turned 90 degrees clockwise.  When the cap is locked, the slot in the cap is completely verticle.

best regards.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:01:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I am glad to know there is another good source for Kobras. Mine are the coin battery models (side rail and weaver) and the exposed adj knobs are stiff enough when I tighten the screws that they are rarely moved by casual contact. And if you reset the dials to 'zero', they are easy to put back on target.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top