Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/26/2005 2:05:12 AM EDT
Hello Everyone!

Well, the Krinkov clubhouse has grown by one if you guys will have me! I am almost a member anyway. I just ordered a Yugo Krinkov kit from Ohio Rapid Fire,, and am looking forward to my VERY 1st AK type rifle build. This is exciting!

Along with the kit I also purchased a US trigger control group, US pistol grip, rivet kit, and fake surpressor to get the gun up to legal length. I decided to build this kit from scratch, so instead of a premade lower reciever I got a pre-drilled reciver flat/rail set. Being in the Automotive refinishing business I have no problem getting a hold of a Sheet Metal Break, MIG welder, SandBlaster, and Powder Coat system so the reciever should be a fun project.

Is there anything else I need? I'm planning on getting an assy. video to help me get this project done right the first time. Am I missing something? I really would appreciate it if you guys could point me iin the right direction.

Edwin
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:42:00 AM EDT
Congrats. Didn't know you could build that in Hawaii. Not to mention you probably need a jig and press to bend that flat. I own a body shop and it is not worth the headaches trying to do it with a break. That and run across a spot welder to put the rails in with alot nicer job. Good luck with the build.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:30:59 PM EDT
Forget the break. I am a sheet metal worker and I have tried it and it comes out like shit. You need a jig. But honestly, a nice kit like that (probably the nicest kit on available right now in my opinion) being you first build, why not make it easy on yourself and get a an already built receiver? DPH arms sells the Ewbanks which are very good for like 50.00. They are all heat treated parked and ready to go.
In my opnion the only time its really worth the effort of doing flats is if you are doing a bunch of them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:44:35 AM EDT
Thanks fella's! Sorry for the slow response.

The reason why I'm thinking I will be able to do it on the break is because the Flat I got is laser cut along the lines where bending is needed, and all that's holding everything together are thin strips of metal. I will full weld these of course later.

Streets,

I can build a Krink as long as I am building a rifle out of it. I have already purchased my US compliant parts and amoung them is my barrel extension. This will be a 100% rifle build, NOT SBR. SBR's aren't allowed here. I have put together 3 AR15 Carbines and all of them have been registered and are compliant.

Question? Why is a Spot Welder preferred over a MIG for sticking the rails on? I believe you and will be doing it with a Spot, but I just want to know why (other than heat being an issue on sheet metal) it's preffered. I'd think the MIG tack welds would be stronger.

Turrican, you are not the first to suggest a whole receiver, and I am pretty sure I'll give in and buy one. I still want to put together the Flat I bought, but have decided not to use it on the Krink. This time around, I'll do the job right. Besides, I have been thinking about getting another kit to build before the ban goes in effect.

Thanks guys!

E
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:51:41 AM EDT
I just got through looking at the DPH receiver. It looks great, but I was told NOT to get a receiver or flat with thr truinion holes already drilled. (Something about there are alot of different types or something).

Anyway, I'm calling my FFL guy today....
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:35:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Atreides:
I just got through looking at the DPH receiver. It looks great, but I was told NOT to get a receiver or flat with thr truinion holes already drilled. (Something about there are alot of different types or something).

Anyway, I'm calling my FFL guy today....

DPH also sells the receiver without the front/rear trunnion holes drilled, it must be temporarily out of stock since it's not on his site
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:35:11 PM EDT
I was thinking HI laws were the same as CA. No new assault weapons. Lucky you. As far as the spot welds, I have never seen them break. If they are good enough to hold a truck together then they will work on a gun. Not to mention it is easier, quicker, less or no slag actually. I'm all about doing the work myself, so I know how it is done. But hell make it easy on yourself, get it done quicker so you can shoot the hell out of it sooner.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
Top Top