Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/17/2009 5:52:18 PM EST
O.K. So I have an excellent condition Romy G kit. Who should I have build it? How much will it cost and how long will I be without it. I want reliability but I am on a tight budget. Just want a no frills AK.

THX,

Z
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:41:37 AM EST
So you want work that is

excellent
cheap
fast

Sorry - but you can only pick one. Two if the moon is in the right alignment. Three just ain't gonna happen.

Howabout "I'm building a rifle that will be around long after I'm gone - let me get the best one I can so my great grandchildren won't curse for for taking short cuts.

Probably better to sell the parts kit and buy a finished gun built by a reliable smith.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:45:00 AM EST
Jim Fuller is pretty good and so is Overland (Where I got my AK from)
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:46:03 PM EST
overland built two for me. one sbr. good work.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:53:40 PM EST
Henderson Defence has a good rep
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:24:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
Jim Fuller is pretty good and so is Overland (Where I got my AK from)

I got to meet Jim this past july hell of a nice guy and the ak's i saw that he built were GTG.

I bought a Henderson Defense build over a yr ago I'm happy with it......
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:38:03 AM EST
I will mention the builder that I have been using. I have gone through Andre Varrin and Wayne Sandlin of South Texas Armory out of Houstan, TX. I have found them to be reasonably priced, turnaround time of around 6 weeks but probably the best thing about them is the quality of work they produce. They have done a Romy G kit, a Russian PLO AKM kit and now they are working on a M-72 RPK kit. The two rifles that were completed were getting close groups at the range. In my opinion they do excellent work.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:03:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By mojo7:
I will mention the builder that I have been using. I have gone through Andre Varrin and Wayne Sandlin of South Texas Armory out of Houstan, TX. I have found them to be reasonably priced, turnaround time of around 6 weeks but probably the best thing about them is the quality of work they produce. They have done a Romy G kit, a Russian PLO AKM kit and now they are working on a M-72 RPK kit. The two rifles that were completed were getting close groups at the range. In my opinion they do excellent work.

Pics of PLO build, please!
Top Top