Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/11/2004 2:32:18 PM EDT
I have this problem, every time I turn around I want another gun. I have two more AK's I will be working on soon, but I need ........something else, that just ain't gonna cut it.

I was thinking about an H&K clone "G3", it has got some good "cool factor", but I don't want any junk, has to be good quality, thinking of a POF kit and a Big50 build.....5 months...dern! (308 power!)

How about a Galil build, I like the galil, but again, if it's a kit build, it's gotta be right, ORF and a FAC kit....cool factor for sure (5.56, plinker, hell I got three AR's)

How about a Valmet,  could get 308 and they are different....
Of course the Galil in 308, mo money
real 91, convert it, MO MONEY

so, what I was wanting was some advice from those who own any of these, issues, whatever......

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought about the Vector too, and even the SAR8, seems like pretty good values, but are you satisfied with the quality? That PTR 91k looks sweet too.....but it's all about the 'unknown' for me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Scratched that itch with my ORF G3 clone at Bulletfest..

Now that Christmas is coming, I have another itch that can only be scratched with a Vector RPD... HMMM that scratching will feel good, a belt fed 7.62x39, for the love of empty Wolf boxes...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#4]
you might try some Gold Bond ointment or medicated powder

Really though,  I know exactly what you mean
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I have many itches...just no money. Damn advance autoparts and the pitiful 7.05 and hour. Can't wait till I get out of school..and hopefully get a REAL job. I need more toys.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#8]
The more I look around the internet, the worse the itch gets. I want this, then I want that....

This is what I am talking about, this build was Jayson's @IGF....

Now, I just have to figure on how long, how much to get a nice quality build done. IGF, big50, ORF they all do great work.
Then there's always the option of the PTR91K from POF:

So many guns, so little money, I wonder if my kids can get some grants or something for college?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:57:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:38:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
, and even the SAR8, seems like pretty good values, but are you satisfied with the quality?

You're getting close.  What you want is an early SAR-8.  The one made in Greece by Hellenic. Really early models had the 8 over stamping  the 3.  (The rife pre-89 version was the SAR-3).
Early models also have the stock factory barrel under that stupid thread protector.  

Now stay away from the awful cast receiver things, really sad Springfield put their name on that bag of shit.

With the Greece mfg rifle, you've an exact quality copy of the HK91.  They were built with all new parts in an HK built factory, not assembled by some dolt in the U.S. from surplus worn out parts.

Don't let the HK boob mob tell you otherwise, these rifles are sweet.  If not for the name, it would be hard to tell from a factory HK91.

There's more.  With all the junk clone HK91 rifles in the market combined with how few folks understand the early SAR-8, you can normally find them cheap.  

And sure, you can buy some other HK91 "clone" for even less, but ask yourself this first, who builit it? out of what parts? and on what receiver?

Shit, now I want another one.

Dave

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top