Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/15/2008 9:50:58 PM EDT
I sold all of my AK's, except for an SAR-3 that was converted into an AK-102 by InRange, and I am considering an Arsenal SLR-106FR to stay with a common caliber as my other rifles...........should I purchase one of these? A local dealer has the 106F for 769.00, and it's a pretty nice rifle...........it's either one of these or another 5.56 rifle.........so, give me all of your advice and opinions
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#1]
a .223 bulgarian ak is going to be an expensive ak that is expensive to shoot.   if i was spending that much on a .223 rifle, i'd get an ar.
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I love all my Arsenals. I can't imagine you going wrong with one, but you should check out their website too. LINK

I agree that the .223 is expensive, that's why I sold my AR, and stick with my AK's. Check out all their models. They have some really neat ones!
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 5:52:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Give it a few years when the surplus ammo market dries up and the only thing left is .223 ammo. I own both 5.56 and 5.45 AK's for this reason.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:27:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Give it a few years when the surplus ammo market dries up and the only thing left is .223 ammo. I own both 5.56 and 5.45 AK's for this reason.

Bingo - !
Give it a couple of years when the Cold War creeps back and the days of cheap imported ammo from our Soviet...eerrr "Russian" friends starts to slow due to embargos...

I want a rifle that is not dependant on inexpensive, imported ammo to function.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 12:04:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I can canceed to that point. However, I do remember the dry days when Chinese ammo was gone, but someone found a way through it. I can hope anyway
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy it cheap and stack it deep. IE-stock up NOW, so you don't need to worry about it later. This is what I've done.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#7]
the AK will shoot the cheap(er) Russian 5.56 ammo, even the green painted one, the ARs may have problems with it...
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top