Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 8:25:08 PM EDT
So I got a long story.  I found this AK74 built by Jnewt on the EE.  The rifle has the Bulgy ARM9 furniture on a milled 74 receiver w/15 mags and near 1000rd of ammo.  All for $1k.  So I plead w/ the member to sell it to me.  He states that he has got a local sale and doesn't want to deal w/ the transfer from LA to NH.  So I bummed out.  I said screw it I'll build my own.  So I search high and low for a milled 74 receiver.  I called everyone  (ORF,GT,Arsenal,Firingline,OOW,Tromix,prexsis) no one has one and no one will make me one.  WTF.  

About a week later I get a email from a well known member here w/a outstanding feedback record.  So this wizard of weapons tells me he has a firingline milled 74 receiver that he is willing to part with.  For about $350 shipped.  Fuck it I'll take it.  I gladly send him a USPS MO for $350.  The MO goes out at about 1300hrs.  I get home that night check my email and find my old friend from LA has left me a email.  I open it.  It reads  "Hi Jim still interested in that AK74 that jnewt built my local sale fell through".  Okay I am in a deep shit.  I really want this gun.  So I tell him I'll take it and it should be a done deal by the end of next week.  

So,  what the hell do I build on that other receiver a milled krink?  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd build a correct type three AK47.  put some nice Ironwood furniture on there and get it stained in Russian Red.  could make for a pretty sweet setup
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a Type III underfolder kit on Gunbroker.

That would be my choice.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd build a correct type three AK47.  put some nice Ironwood furniture on there and get it stained in Russian Red.  could make for a pretty sweet setup

Okay I a little slow when it come to AK history and types.  Can you fill me in on the type three
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#4]

like that but put some nice laminate furniture on it.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.gunsnet.net/album/data/3022/7747AK-47_Type_III-med.jpg

Great!  I'll start by going to Tapco.com and getting a bunch of accessories thanks for the idea
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:43:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If you come across any laminated furniture, RedHorseman, give me an IM!

Bud
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:01:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great!  I'll start by going to Tapco.com and getting a bunch of accessories thanks for the idea

Yeah, and while your at it check this site out BOAGUNS.COM Lots if HIGH quality rifle info there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:04:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Haahaa!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#9]
IT IS HERE!

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:59:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Great looking gun.

I have a Firing line milled bulgy 74 as well.

Do you know where I can pick up a set of that furniture and f/h that will fit the 74 threads ?

Found Stock at KVAR .  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#11]
K-Var Bulgy  ARM9 furniture and the Bulgy FS.  Watch your parts count
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
K-Var Bulgy  ARM9 furniture and the Bulgy FS.  Watch your parts count

Thanks ordered , parts count covered :)
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and while your at it check this site out BOAGUNS.COM Lots if HIGH quality rifle info there.

Is this site down? I had a good laugh at it a while ago, but now, I can't get it to come up. Was he tired of getting laughed at? Must not have been making any money off that site.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top