Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 1:36:23 PM EDT
Hey guys. I'm a college student and have been saving most of the year to get an SLR-105 A1....now I knew they were going to be discontinued, people like Templar have given lots of advanced warning. That said, I've only been able to save so much money a month after bills, and I've already been working as much as I can. Finally got enough money saved up, only last week, and I've been gambling that the rumored one more run of 105s would happen. Talked to Arsenal today (who's been saying for the last month that they would ship one more lot) and they said the 105 A1 & A1Rs are FINISHED. So I am pissed. I just missed out after saving for so long and there may be nothing I can do. So, by some miracle, does anyone know of a dealer that sells them still? Or I am screwed? thank guys.....this blows
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I know where there's quite a few SLR-105's and SLR-105R,s just not the A1. Isn't the only diffence that the A1 has the ban features. Let me know if I can help.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
They're on the EE pretty often.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

yeah, i just hate to wait around and hope for that. As time passes it will be harder and harder to get a new one I'm sure......not to mention the frickin price will go up a bunch. And in answer to the other post, yes the basic 105s simply lack the muzzle break, bayonet lug, some of the other cool no ban stuff. Problem is that, according to my builder, there are few parts available to convert the 105 to a 105 A1R. I'm great at shooting and cleaning guns, not so good at buliding them.....so I'm listening to this guy, pretty experienced smith. If he's wrong, someone let me know.......
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought it was the combo FSB/bayo lug and flash hider. It is fairly simple to replace and would actually figure on more coming. They are brand new and there is over 30 of them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#5]
yes and no.

It can probably be done with the right punch and a vice.  and maybe heat the FSB.

A few on here have done it, or still do it occasionaly.

How much were you going to spend on these Ban version A1s?

a local dealer here had some on the wall last time I went.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey guys. I'm a college student and have been saving most of the year to get an SLR-105 A1....now I knew they were going to be discontinued, people like Templar have given lots of advanced warning. That said, I've only been able to save so much money a month after bills, and I've already been working as much as I can. Finally got enough money saved up, only last week, and I've been gambling that the rumored one more run of 105s would happen. Talked to Arsenal today (who's been saying for the last month that they would ship one more lot) and they said the 105 A1 & A1Rs are FINISHED. So I am pissed. I just missed out after saving for so long and there may be nothing I can do. So, by some miracle, does anyone know of a dealer that sells them still? Or I am screwed? thank guys.....this blows

Man I bought one for all the same reasons you described. Right now I'm in no big hurry to get rid of it. It definately has a cool factor to it. But with ammo the way it is right now I have been rethinking why I bought it in the first place.
More of those rifles are out there, you just have to look for them and keep an eye out on the EE.

If I were you I would wait until the arsenal stamped 7.62 AKs hit the market and buy one of those. I might get rid of my AK74 for one. Might being the key word.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#9]
If I see any I'll give you a quick IM.

Jake.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok guys, all is well and Templar has saved yet another helpless AK newbie. Called his guy in VA and he had a few 105A1Rs left! So after failing with The Gun Source, Atlantic, and pretty much every dealer in lower Michigan, I found one thanks to Tim. Good price too, $599....sure the price will be going up from here. Thanks Templar!! Looks like my collection will get a 74 after all.......
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#12]
why would you want to turn it into a postban?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man I bought one for all the same reasons you described. Right now I'm in no big hurry to get rid of it. It definately has a cool factor to it. But with ammo the way it is right now I have been rethinking why I bought it in the first place.
More of those rifles are out there, you just have to look for them and keep an eye out on the EE.

If I were you I would wait until the arsenal stamped 7.62 AKs hit the market and buy one of those. I might get rid of my AK74 for one. Might being the key word.

Just wait bro the ammo will be back in the states soon, there is a war going on and are comrades need ammo.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ok guys, all is well and Templar has saved yet another helpless AK newbie. Called his guy in VA and he had a few 105A1Rs left! So after failing with The Gun Source, Atlantic, and pretty much every dealer in lower Michigan, I found one thanks to Tim. Good price too, $599....sure the price will be going up from here. Thanks Templar!! Looks like my collection will get a 74 after all.......

The guys from DeGoff's are good people, bought more than 1 rifle from them.  Of course my FN FAL para still has not shown up.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad I could give you a push in the right direction and everything worked out.

Post some pics when you get it all done up the way you were planning.  

Will do Templar!! Hopefully by the time it gets to me the ammo boat will have arrived.......ahhh it will be fun.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I got my SLR105A1 from Templar
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

What is "EE"  Not sure what that is.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I got my SLR105A1 from Templar

Me too, too bad he's outta the dealing biz.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Equipment Exchange
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Equipment Exchange

ak47.net/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=122
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top