Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/14/2005 12:40:30 PM EDT
Cobra (Kobra) Model EKP-1S-03M Red Dot Sight (AK Mount, AA Batteries).  Anyone have it, it is a red dot scope.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of shooters have the Kobra in one or the other mfg variation, a small search will get you a long way.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got my Kobra last friday. I haven't had any field time with it, but so far I'm happy. Any specific questions?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:54:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#4]
do cobra sights cowitness with the iron sights?

is a kobra sight mounted with the typical AK side mount a better way to go than say an ultimak gas-tube mount with an aimpoint?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
do cobra sights cowitness with the iron sights?

Nothing does, in the sense that the dot matches to iron.

You can mount a tube low enough to see irons in the lower portion.

I see. Isn’t it a good thing to be able to use the iron sights though your optic if you need/want to? I'm trying to figure out if something like one of these new kobras is the way to go, or if something like an eotech (although also an example where iron sights are overridden), or aimpoint compM3 is better.

I mean aside from cost, are there any actual downfalls to any one of the systems? I am inclined to think some of the more modern US stuff like a new aimpoint might use better technology...I don’t know....just tossing a lot around in my noodle.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#9]
That's why I opted for the PK-AS. While it doesn't cowitness the irons it does sit low/left so the irons are unobstructed for instant backup use if needed. Plus, the PK-AS doesn't need batteries for daytime use and has an excellent dot/circle reticle for both CQB snapshots and precision aiming.
Tomac
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top