Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/18/2006 11:24:33 AM EDT
Ok so I'm sure that I'll sound like a complete idiot, but I'm almost done with my first build and I'm stumped. When installing the hammer and trigger pins I know that there is something that fits into the slots to keep them from slipping out. I think that I know which part it is but have no clue how to install. I think it is the little piece that is a wire that has a curve on one side and a spring on the other. Am I right? If so I could use some guidence installing. Thanks ahead of time for your help.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:49:28 AM EDT
Yes the wire with the crook in it is whats SUPPOSED to hold the pins captive in the receiver. They are in my opinion such a pain in the @$$ that I use the half moon e-clips to do the same thing. They only take a second or two to replace and hold well provided you get the right size. I believe that they are 5mm in a metric size - not sure what inch size will work. Take your pins with you to the local hardware store and try them there. Good luck.

joedoran
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:12:35 PM EDT
Thanks for the info but in the meantime how do I go about installing the factory part?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:16:15 PM EDT
That's the problem with that part - there is no good way that I know how, or have seen in any manual, etc.. that tells you how to exactly install it. I used various sorts of needle-nosed pliers, hemostatic clamps, etc.. to try and seat the wire in the grooves and wound up cussing and ready to throw the whole rifle through the wall. The lower rails are in the way to get a good grip - also due to the fact that the wire is so skinny..... Maybe someone with better hand to eye skills, and alot more patience than I do has a system that'll work. Good luck with it.

joedoran
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:14:36 PM EDT
Thanks for your help. I think I figured it out.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:25:54 PM EDT
That spring end is made to go around the AutoSear Pin if I'm not mistaken (I'm pretty new to this) and you have to mofify it all by removing the spring and rebending the end to get it to work with just two pins...

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:15:08 PM EDT
I believe red star arms sells a replacement part that makes it EASY to remove the whole enchilada. It is one piece of sheet metal that engages three pins and is held in place by the safety lever's pin-part-thing...I bought one at a gun show and it's really great.
Top Top