Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2002 7:52:17 AM EDT
I SOLD  SOME HI CAP AK MAGS TO A GUY ON GUNBROKER HE WANTS ME TO TAKE THEM APART AND SEND THEM TO HIM IN NEW JERSEY.IS THIS LEGAL SINCE THEY ARE APART OR SHOULD I TELL THE GUY TO GET SCREWED?
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I TOLD HIM TO GET F*CKED.
DOES ANYONE NEED ANY AK74 MAGS? 3 30RND BAKELITE
$24 SHIPPED?
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#2]
akethan,
You did the right thing, New Jersey State law statue reads - "It is illegal to posses a magazine capable of hold more than 15rds and to own components that when assembled make a magazine over 15rds.

However back in 1998 are State Attorney General Ruled that all Hi-capacity magazine maybe use provide that the magazine is blocked so that you can't load more than 15rds and that a block of would placed into the magazine is acceptable.

So the only legal way for you to send the magazine would be if he send you wooden blocks,blocks with his payment and you installed the blocks limiting the magazines to 15drs thus satisfiy New Jersey statue,most people find that to be a pain in the ass so they don't do it. I  just bring blocks with me a gunshows
and block them right there are if I need a mag right away buy blocked mag from Sarco. Proteus_x3  

State Police Firearms Unit at 609-882-2000

or

Deputy Attorney General William J. Zaorski at 609-984-2796.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, It is also acceptable if you ram 15 spent brass rounds in the magazine.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I sold some Chinese bakelites to a guy up there a few months ago. He wanted them blocked to hold no more than the 15 rounds.. I stuck some chunks of wood in the bottoms, so I guess he was legal. But what if I had just shipped them unblocked? So he would have had to cut the wood strips and insert them. He'd have been illegal for the hour or so it would have taken him to cut the strips.  If I ever sell any more mags to someone up there,
I'm going to tell them to cut their own damn blocking strips.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#5]
There isn't anything in the law that says anything about components. The definition of a magazine does not include magazine parts, only functioning magazines capable of feeding ammunition. Magazine parts aren't capable of feeding anything.

You can send disassembled hi caps to Jersey.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't want to start a big controversey over this. It is for informational purpose and it applies to all law. First, Jetlag is correct and I know this from my correspondence with the AG's office, SP and reading the law over and over.
"the statute is to be read as though it in terms excluded them from its operation." McCullough v. Com. Of Virginia, 172 U.S. 102 (1898).
What that means is that if it does not say it, it does not apply. All law must be specific. Ambiguity voids the law. That is why the NJ assault ban was essentially overturned by the courts and you can now purchase many of the previously banned weapons.
Government has sent many a man to prison for crimes that don't exist to begin with and it is done with the help of a complicite legal profession.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 8:20:13 AM EDT
[#7]
The NJ Statute used to allow you to temporarily block mags down to 15 rounds but a recent change requires that the blocked mags be permanently sealed so that the block cannot be removed. Plastic mags must be glued shut and metal ones welded shut after the blocks are installed.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 8:48:04 AM EDT
[#8]
IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO QUIT YELLING AT ALL OF US???

Cap's lock....off.

Link Posted: 12/25/2002 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Jetdick,

Why don't you post something worth a fuck.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 11:29:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Jetdick,

and a way we go...

IBTL
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#11]
njesq, I'm guessing from your handle that you are an attorney?
If so then I am sure that you are aware of the normal course that a law takes before it actually completes its course. That includes the writting of the related regulations defining the appropriate agencies interpretation of what the law says. Since the courts striping of the assault ban there has been no change in how magazines are viewed. As of today there has been no change, in writting, that anyone can lay their hands on.
You can own a 30 rounder as long as it has been blocked and that does not mean welding.
If you know the specific regulation could you please pass it along as there are a number of people, myself included, who would like to see the regulation. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:12:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Jetdick,

Lets play nice.....

He was in no way being rude, just a friendly reminder from him to you about the board lingo.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The NJ Statute used to allow you to temporarily block mags down to 15 rounds but a recent change requires that the blocked mags be permanently sealed so that the block cannot be removed. Plastic mags must be glued shut and metal ones welded shut after the blocks are installed.

This change never took place, the NJSP decided to back down on this issue. So temporarily blocked mags are still OK in NJ.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#14]
akethan is part of the problem, not the solution. The last thing people living in states with anti gun laws need are more fools with a " nener, nener, nener, " outlook.

akethan, you're an !&*(@hole
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top