Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 1:59:07 PM EDT
I'm thinking of ordering a Polish Underfolder kit and would like to get some feedback first.  Thanks!

Chris
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
No problemo.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The guy seems real nice and knowledgeable but I am not going to " pre-pay " my ammo order in advance.  What happens if Dan's Ammo is $20 cheaper per case?  You are screwed because he locked you in on pricing, and backing out would be very difficult since you already paid...

AC

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
nice rant about your thoughts on the ammo...

Bob is a straight up guy.
If he makes a mistake he will correct it.
If you "prepaid" for ammo and Dan was cheaper, I bet Bob would refund the difference in order to make the sale.....

As far as Polish kits go...  his have been getting great reviews @ gunco.net
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for Bob. Bob is the opposite of K-var concerning his pricing.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I work in Akron, and called him on my lunch break one day to ask some AK related questions, super knowledgeable,friendly as can be.  Looking forward to doing business with him some day.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:00:03 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 on Akron Armory.

Got my two Polish underfolders from them and they are sweet! I am in on the 5.45 pre pay buy with them as who know how much will really be getting here. I am now looking at a Tantal to add to my Bulgies since I'll have the good 5.45 to save and can blast som of my Wolf. Even if ammo loosens up I want to save this stuff.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:42:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:46:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
nice rant about your thoughts on the ammo...
Bob is a straight up guy.
If he makes a mistake he will correct it.

If you "prepaid" for ammo and Dan was cheaper, I bet Bob would refund the difference in order to make the sale.....

As far as Polish kits go...  his have been getting great reviews @ gunco.net

Bets are for gamblers...

AC
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:42:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Good luck. I hope he comes through for you better than he did for me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:51:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Stand up Guy. Did me very well. I'd order again anytime.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:50:06 AM EDT
[#11]
He is a good guy.

IMHO, Dans and ORF caused the screw up last summer.

Bob went out of his way to make sure I got my stuff.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Most of the average has been fine, other than last year when there was an agreement to disagree between Bob, Dan, and ORF.

That sure seems to be the case. Everyone read about it here and on AKFiles and it was clear what was going on behind the scenes. The moderators that took it upon themselves to ban him are now starting their own board.  The funny thing is no matter what you believe it appears that Bob was removed as a member here without being allowed to respond. Because he was selling without a vendor account. Wasnt he part of ORF at that time?

We have many vendors selling all day in EE that are not registered dealers or partners. One of them is commenting in this very thread.

Why can we not all get along?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Most of the average has been fine, other than last year when there was an agreement to disagree between Bob, Dan, and ORF.

That sure seems to be the case. Everyone read about it here and on AKFiles and it was clear what was going on behind the scenes. The moderators that took it upon themselves to ban him are now starting their own board.  The funny thing is no matter what you believe it appears that Bob was removed as a member here without being allowed to respond. Because he was selling without a vendor account. Wasnt he part of ORF at that time?

We have many vendors selling all day in EE that are not registered dealers or partners. One of them is commenting in this very thread.

If you are a salesman selling under someone elses license.  You leave the owners business, he isn't going to pay for your advertising.  A vendor pays a fee to advertise here.  It you are working under their "license" as their salesman and you go out on your own, you have to pay for your own advertising and dealer fee or you get the boot.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are referring to me, I could hardly be considered a "vendor."  An active trader and enthusiast who dabbles in the occasional part sale, YES. I sell some small things (I have a couple threads in the EE right now) in order to buy more kits and parts for my own collection from people who actually run a business doing it (K-Var, DPH, Dan's ORF, etc..). Sometimes I come out a little ahead (slings) and sometimes I lose money (5.56 mags).  I made $25,000 last year. Can you blame me for doing this to enjoy my hobby?

I'm getting along fine. That's why I'm not posting details of the transaction and bashing anyone. I simply wished my fellow board member cms81586 better luck than I had.

Some people know what happened and some people think they know what happened. No big deal.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The guy seems real nice and knowledgeable but I am not going to " pre-pay " my ammo order in advance.  What happens if Dan's Ammo is $20 cheaper per case?  You are screwed because he locked you in on pricing, and backing out would be very difficult since you already paid...

AC

I spoke to an importer and a distributor who will have their hands on this ammo, and know of three distributors that will have it from said importer.

It's coming by the millions....if I remember the conversation correctly, 15-20 million rounds.  It will be around for awhile.

If you're worried, then pre-order.  If you want to let the competitive market economy work to your advantage, then wait and see what happens.

Shop Smart.....Shop S-Mart

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AC

I spoke to an importer and a distributor who will have their hands on this ammo, and know of three distributors that will have it from said importer.

It's coming by the millions....if I remember the conversation correctly, 15-20 million rounds.  It will be around for awhile.

If you're worried, then pre-order.  If you want to let the competitive market economy work to your advantage, then wait and see what happens.

Shop Smart.....Shop S-Mart

So is it the real thing? Steel core and all?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If you order from Akron Armory, you ARE ordering from Dan's Ammo.

www.barnaulammunition.com/contact.htm

I believe they are both getting it from the same source.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#20]
They were in the past.

They both use PW Arms as an import source.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:54:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Great kits and easy ordering.  Shipping was a little slow, but really I have no complaints.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#22]
I have had good dealings with Bob.  Got some nice things off of him.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top