Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Russian
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/28/2005 2:47:48 PM EDT
Is there a noticeable difference with or without?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:26:26 AM EDT
Bump.

I ahve two and would like to know if I want to spend the extra $$$ to get some. 4 set screws do not set well with me though. I also do not think my .223 needs one but my 7.62 might want one.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:52:27 PM EDT
I think a fleash hider would be more detrimental than a muzzle break. Just my opinion
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:54:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GenghisKhan:
Bump.

I ahve two and would like to know if I want to spend the extra $$$ to get some. 4 set screws do not set well with me though. I also do not think my .223 needs one but my 7.62 might want one.

Genghis, for what it's worth, I have a muzzle-break on my 7.62 Vepr K. I was worried about the 4 set screws aswell, so decided I would pull them out and loc-tite them. When I pulled out the screws I tried and tried but couldn't get the break to budge. I think it is as secure as a threaded break. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:34:56 AM EDT
well then how well does the flash hider work for VEPRanyway, i just ordered a VEPR K in 5.45 with a muzzlebreak because i was more concerned with a quick follow up shot. If it only to protect the muzzle crown then thats good enough. I just wanted to know if they actually help keep down recoil any or if they are just cosmetic.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:35:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By VodkaBierGin:
well then how well does the flash hider work for VEPR

anyway, i just ordered a VEPR K in 5.45 with a muzzlebreak because i was more concerned with a quick follow up shot. If it only to protect the muzzle crown then thats good enough. I just wanted to know if they actually help keep down recoil any or if they are just cosmetic.

I only have one VEPR, and it has a break. I don't have one without the break, so I am unable to give you a comparison.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:21:07 PM EDT
kewl BigStick47 im not gonna ask you to take it off Seems like its on solid then. From what i understand it will allready be fitted to the barrel when i recieve the rifle so i probally wont even mess with it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:17:11 PM EDT
I dont think its so much a matter of the gun but the round and the type of break/suppresser. If it has a 74 style break on it ask in the general forums if theres a major difference with and without. I knwo I have seen a comparison of different supressors and theres a HUGE difference in no supressor and the different styles.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:36:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VodkaBierGin:
kewl BigStick47 im not gonna ask you to take it off Seems like its on solid then. From what i understand it will allready be fitted to the barrel when i recieve the rifle so i probally wont even mess with it.

Vodka, I would if I could, but I can't get the damn thing off! I am planning on replacing it with a flash suppressor, because the 74 style breaks throw alot of fire in low light conditions.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:53:09 PM EDT
you might wanna try soaking it in penetrateing oil but it might eat the paint off the barrel so i would be careful.
Page AK-47 » Russian
Top Top