Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/28/2005 2:47:48 PM EDT
Is there a noticeable difference with or without?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump.

I ahve two and would like to know if I want to spend the extra $$$ to get some. 4 set screws do not set well with me though. I also do not think my .223 needs one but my 7.62 might want one.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I think a fleash hider would be more detrimental than a muzzle break. Just my opinion
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Bump.

I ahve two and would like to know if I want to spend the extra $$$ to get some. 4 set screws do not set well with me though. I also do not think my .223 needs one but my 7.62 might want one.

Genghis, for what it's worth, I have a muzzle-break on my 7.62 Vepr K. I was worried about the 4 set screws aswell, so decided I would pull them out and loc-tite them. When I pulled out the screws I tried and tried but couldn't get the break to budge. I think it is as secure as a threaded break. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:34:56 AM EDT
[#4]
well then how well does the flash hider work for  VEPRanyway, i just ordered a VEPR K in 5.45 with a muzzlebreak because i was more concerned with a quick follow up shot. If it only to protect the muzzle crown then thats good enough. I just wanted to know if they actually help keep down recoil any or if they are just cosmetic.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
well then how well does the flash hider work for  VEPR

anyway, i just ordered a VEPR K in 5.45 with a muzzlebreak because i was more concerned with a quick follow up shot. If it only to protect the muzzle crown then thats good enough. I just wanted to know if they actually help keep down recoil any or if they are just cosmetic.

I only have one VEPR, and it has a break. I don't have one without the break, so I am unable to give you a comparison.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]
kewl BigStick47 im not gonna ask you to take it off Seems like its on solid then. From what i understand it will allready be fitted to the barrel when i recieve the rifle so i probally wont even mess with it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont think its so much a matter of the gun but the round and the type of break/suppresser. If it has a 74 style break on it ask in the general forums if theres a major difference with and without. I knwo I have seen a comparison of different supressors and theres a HUGE difference in no supressor and the different styles.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
kewl BigStick47 im not gonna ask you to take it off Seems like its on solid then. From what i understand it will allready be fitted to the barrel when i recieve the rifle so i probally wont even mess with it.

Vodka, I would if I could, but I can't get the damn thing off! I am planning on replacing it with a flash suppressor, because the 74 style breaks throw alot of fire in low light conditions.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#9]
you might wanna try soaking it in penetrateing oil but it might eat the paint off the barrel so i would be careful.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top