Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/1/2006 7:51:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:12:40 PM EDT
I see these more and more.......
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:28:01 PM EDT
At least he isn't sticking you on shipping when he uses priority mail.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:52:23 PM EDT
Saw one yeseterday that the parts totaled $320 and the rear site base was smashed!

I guess I might do this witha NON matching kit but its a shame to see this happen to a matching kit.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:22:52 AM EDT
I've seen a couple of these type ads. The only parts worth anything are the barrel assy, stocks and trunnions and bolt and carrier.....all the rest of the stuff has to be US made to make a 922 compliant gun anyway. I'd sooner buy a whole kit for 1/3 the money.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:18:01 AM EDT
If I had a non matching kit i'd do the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:40:27 AM EDT
Compared to K-var those prices are cheap.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:46:14 AM EDT
Actually the rest doesn't have to be 922r. Could use mags, followers, floorplates, stocks, pg, trunnion etc.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:10:15 AM EDT
Nothing wrong with offering someone a part they need for half what K-VAR would charge if they had it in stock. Fills a need for a person who can't afford $89.00 for an entire kit when they may need a single $15.00 part. I've refinished a number of stocks and sold them off and then included an underfolder with the rest of the kit and all were snapped up in hours.

Sold of the regular rear trunnion/tangs to guys in states where they couldn't have underfolders and they were all happy and I made some $.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:16:36 AM EDT
I do this myself. If I need a couple of parts, I'll buy a parts kit use what I need and sell what's left over. I get free parts this way. And sometimes I even make some cash. It sure beats the hell out of
K-var.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:36:02 AM EDT
Yea, beats the hell out of that K-var order for a small part I appreciate it when people do this. Their the ones taking the risk.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:09:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By meyerse:
Saw one yeseterday that the parts totaled $320 and the rear site base was smashed!

I guess I might do this witha NON matching kit but its a shame to see this happen to a matching kit.

That was my ad and the prices included shipping on each item.
the kit was numbers matching and appeared to be UNFIRED.

I crushed the rear sight block during a Romy pin mess.
Did you want me to buy another rear sight block and increase my costs?
(BTW, another Romy sight block would have had to come from somebody else's parted out kit.)
I had seen numerous WTB ads from people that had mishaps during their builds and just needed one part to finish. Apparently I had some of the parts people needed.
I have done the same thing with car parts.

Even if somebody were to 'just buy another kit', they would still have parts left over. What do you want them to do? Not everyone wants to stash them in a box in the garage.

TheOtherChris
Top Top