Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 4:36:33 PM EDT
I've got a Yugo Krinkov kit and I need to remove the dust cover. It looks like it is bolted on in the front, but I want to make sure before cranking on it. Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks,
Kris
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
remove it? or open it? if open simply push the button on the left side of the gun while pushing the spring button forward...... if to remove it? well sorry I don't know.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
remove it? or open it? if open simply push the button on the left side of the gun while pushing the spring button forward...... if to remove it? well sorry I don't know.

I need to know how to remove it. I don't think it will be too easy to press the barrel out with the cover in the way. Plus I'd rather put it off to the side so that I don't damage it by accident.

Kris
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I build them with it in place. Tape some towels to it and fold it out of the way. It is a little harder with it on but, it is more of a pain to take it off.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Leave it in place.  It's easier to build with it attached than it is to remove then reinstall it.  Don't make the build harder than it has to be.

btw, my yugo M92 was the easiest build so far for me.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top