Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 1:42:09 PM EDT
I can press out the pin but I am unsure about removing the barrel.Is it pressed in?
Is it threaded in? If so right or left hand thread?
TIA
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The SLR-95 has a pinned barrel (as you noted).  So, I am quite sure it is not threaded.   If I am not being to nosey,  I am dying to know why you are pulling the barrel from a SLR-95.   Also, how are you going to press it out?  The ways I know of wouldnt work due to access limitations (assuming the receiver is intact).
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I needed to remove the barrel so I could turn it down to fit the new GB and new FSB(they are from a 74). It wasent as hard as I thought it was going to be, the barrel pressed out without much pressure. You will notice that I had also to mill a grove in the FSB so the AAC can would screw all the way on. Without the grove the can would hit the FSB and would not align. The can only aligns when it bottoms out on the front surface of the FSB. I put about 60 rounds threw it today and it sounds great. I also installed the lower tang and US parts from Global Trades. I will now tear it back down so I can refinish it.  Here's a few pics.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
One more.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I have these.
One is .223
One is 5.45

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought about opening up the GB and FSB but I was unsure how to do it accurately. It wasent bad pressing the barrel out. I have a 74 kit and reciver I just havent built it yet. I picked up the AAC Krinkov can on Sturmgewehr from a guy who had bought then decided he didnt want it after it was it his dealer in Georgewest(Tooke I think). I think I paid $450.00 for it, took about4 months. Im about as far south in Texas as you can get, McAllen area.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice work and  a good lookin' rifle!

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top