Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/5/2006 11:33:08 AM EDT
I'm trying to remove front side folding stock retaining latch that located under the front receiver.
It looks like there's one big "pin" under the receiver that holds the latch but I just can't remove it... any thoughts on how to remove it??
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#1]
from the parts exploded view i have.

That pin needs to be removed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#2]
The spring itself holds the pin in place just like the trigger and hammer pin retainer. I just removed the receiver stub first.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The spring itself holds the pin in place just like the trigger and hammer pin retainer. I just removed the receiver stub first.

damn.. that was easy with your instruction.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn.. that was easy with your instruction.

HEHE! Just wait till you have to reinstall it back into the new receiver!

You'll wish you had something easy to do, ......like, like......

Drilling out the rivets from the rear tang........Blindfolded, with one hand tied behind your back,....With a hand drill, and a dull bit..........With a time limit......In a  house that's on fire........ and your girlfriend's husband just got back home earlier than expected....

Or something like that.............

It could happen.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#5]
For re-install:
Insert the spring from the front of the trunnion and get it aligned w/ the pin hole(looking down thru the hole). Put the latch in from the side and using a bit or drift pin from inside the trunnion, if your hole is all the way thru like mine was, line everything up so the latch pin can be inserted. Bend a small hook on the end of the spring's tail. Feed a small gauge wire up thru the mag well and under the trunnion, looping it on the small hook on the spring's tail. Pulling on the wire while guiding the spring's tail into the reciever, it should go right in. Then use a hooked piece of stiff wire or dental pick to make sure the spring is catching in the groove of the latch pin to retain it.
Has worked twice so far w/ no problem.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top