Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:44:11 PM EDT
I have a ORF Bulgarian sidefolder kit that is a just a little different than the Romy's that I have taken down.

There is a button underneath the front trunion, how is the scrap sheetmetal receiver removed with that button?

Also, how is the rear stock taken down to remove the button?

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a ORF Bulgarian sidefolder kit that is a just a little different than the Romy's that I have taken down.There is a button underneath the front trunion, how is the scrap sheetmetal receiver removed with that button?Also, how is the rear stock taken down to remove the button?thanks,
Ron

The button you refer to is the pin that holds the front latch for the folding stock, to demill simply remove all rivet heads and pry the old receiver off the trunnion. That pin is held in by the spring. for the stock, simply drive out the attaching pin, its a small dowl pin right at the hinge, drive it out from the buttom up. To remove the locking latch, take some needle nose pliers and comepress the spring, once compressed you will see a little pin, remove the pin (upwards) and the latch will come right out, be carefull that spring is under tension and will fly if provoked. McM
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:43:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you my man!

thanks,
Ron
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top