Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/8/2005 11:41:03 AM EDT
Any products/methods good for making a scratched/faded bakelite part look good?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno exactly how or why, but this stuff does wonders for Bakelite furniture.  I orginally got some to use on a desk, I tried it on scratched and beat Bakelite grips first and was amazed an how much better it made them...

Cleans, colors (scratched areas), and generally shines them up.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you get that?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I originally got it at my local True Value Hardware store, I've seen it in some ACE stores as well.  You can find it on the net as well, but I'd bet calling around town you could find it somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#4]
True Value? Ace? Is that like where people went before Home Depot?

I have a feeling its going to be a little trick to find around here. Not many hardware stores left!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
True Value? Ace? Is that like where people went before Home Depot?

I have a feeling its going to be a little trick to find around here. Not many hardware stores left!

I'm pretty sure I've seen it at home depot.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#6]
How much does it run for?

Ben
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#7]
That one says cherry,  does it matter which one you get?  My hand guards really need some work!  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That one says cherry,  does it matter which one you get?  My hand guards really need some work!  Thanks

I found this can at my local Ace Hardware.  

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:20:46 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL,  good one Quib.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top