Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 7:41:11 PM EDT
Hi all! I am new to AK's. I just got my first one and it is an SAR 2. It was modified by ARS to have a short barrel with the FSB right in front of the gas chamber and a FSE 74 brake added to make it 16" legal. Now that the ban is gone I was wondering if I could add a Bulgarian barrel/trunnion to it and have a full length rifle with brake and bayonet lugs. The US parts in it at this time are the gas piston/PG/top/bottom handguards and 3 part trigger group. Is it feasible to change out the entire front end? Suggestion and comments would be appreciated and welcome.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:02:04 AM EDT
Let me say Im No Expert..... But own a few of these rifles... I would leave it alone and keep it. You have a unique rifle with the short barrel and all. If you want a STANDARD lenght rifle order a ORF 74 .. It will have all the things on it you want. To rebarrel yours would run into some $$$$$$ IMO. Buying a barrel . Knocking out your old trunun /barrel pin. Pressing out your old barrel. Pressing in your new one. Have to get Headspace guages......$$$$$ You got to have a good press..... While Im not trying to discourage you.... I think you would be better off with another rifle. Two is better than one.. WarDawg

PS ( ARS does good work ) Got some pic's to show us???? WD
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:16:23 PM EDT
Thanks WarDawg. I just saw the add for the SEAK II rifle after I posted this message. I am going to see if I can get the cash for the SEAK and just leave the ARS SAR2 alone. I will post a picture of the carbine as soon as I get my camera back from my brother-in-law.

Top Top