Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/27/2003 2:05:03 PM EDT
I own an WUM 1 and would like to get rid of the thumbhole stock and make it compliant with US made parts.  How many parts were US compliant (hammer, trigger, etc.) in those guns?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#1]
WUM 1's are all Romanian manufacture, there are
no USA made parts in this firearm.

the original internals in the WUM 1 are excellent quality.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I was hopeful that it had at least a few US parts since the rear sight base has "Interordinance of America, Monroe, NC" stamped in it.  I should suppose, then, that Interordinance is simply the importer?  

If that is the case then I would need a compiance kit to get rid of the thumbhole stock.  I guess I just don't understand how having just a welded muzzle device and thumbhole stock is enough for compliance yet I would need 6 US part to configure it with a pistol grip and buttstock.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#3]
You are already contemplating replacing two parts, go ahead and buy the complete US furniture kit for just a little more, and then add a RSA trigger you will be glad you did. The RSA trigger is a great upgrade, one of the few that are truly worth thier cost, and should be considered a wise upgrade even if US parts count isn't a consideration. That is just my opinion, take it for waht is is worth (not much)!

Edited to add: The RSA trigger group costs about $85 and counts as three parts, the US furniture set (at least in black plastic from K-var) costs about $85. It wouldn't be exactly cheap, but it is much less than buying a new rifle, and would prevent you from having to worry about commiting any felonies just to have a rifle the way it was meant to look. I went through the same process with a post ban thumbhole Hungarian, I had the parts for months before I could bring myself to make such a drastic change to a rifle I adored, but once I finally switched the parts and took it to the range I was very pleased, I could have saved forty bucks and went with a less expensive trigger group but I am very glad I didn't the trigger is that good once you get it set the way you like it.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top