Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2012 12:15:35 PM EDT
Title pretty much says it all.

It just seems so cheap and plentiful right now. How much longer will this last?
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Stuff used to run $210 a crate a few years ago.I still think there's a ton of it out there, and wouldn't think it's running dry until i see a crate up on par with wolf.   Still, if you can afford it, best way to lock in your supply is to buy it
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably for a while at these prices.

Don't stress over it.  Just pick up a can/crate here or there and it will add up over time.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want to pick up some surplus that does look to be getting a bit short, look into the Yugo 7.62. The 7n6 would really only be threatened by an import ban rather than actual supply side shortages.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
If milsurp 5.45 does eventually get as thin as the magazines are now, at least there are goodly quantites of N/C commercial being imported.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Title pretty much says it all.

It just seems so cheap and plentiful right now. How much longer will this last?

Buy all you can. It will never go down in price.  Look back at ammo prices in the past.  7.62x61 was $120/case.  7.62x39 was $99/case

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:28:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Just a few years ago (200?, pre-Kenyan Usurper) I was buying surplus 7n6 for $107/can delivered to my door. The best price I can find now is ~$140/can delivered. So that represents an ~5% annual cost to me increase. Now that will change dramatically if there is; 1) a threat of import ban, whether or not it materializes. 2) an end of available surplus stocks from exporting countries 3) a surge in the popularity of the caliber [remember when .32 and .380 pocket pistols became the rage].

I say buy what you think you will shoot in a lifetime (it really is not that long a stay ) and start buying to meet that goal. There may be some sale pricing here and there but it will never drop significantly lower than it is now. It is currently ~$0.13/round, most other surplus calibers are at least double that, how much lower could it really go?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top