Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 10/5/2005 7:46:14 PM EDT
http://www.classicarms.us/htm/firearms.htm

ROMAINIAN AK , Hi -CAP Rifle with Original Hardwood Pistol Grip Stock, 1- 20 Rd and 1 - 30 Rd Mag, Sling, Cleaning Kit, Manual Etc..Special..$279.95. TO GET THIS PRICE YOU MUST TELL YOUR OPERATOR OR MENTION IT IN YOUR ORDER.
(Note- This Rifle looks like the rifle above They are really nice.

AK RECEIVERS BY ARSENAL USA IN STOCK NOW-COMPLETE SHELL WITH RAILS AND CENTER SUPPORT 1MM RECEIVER 7.62X39 TRUNION HOLES NOT DRILLED. THESE ARE THE HIGHEST QUALITY WE HAVE FOUND. (SEC 922r) APPLIES. FFL REQUIRED ONLY.....$59.95

how are these AKs?
any one used one?

thanks

im looking for a plinking cheapo AK for around 300 bucks
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:11:30 PM EDT
Just a ban version of the WASR-10, a good cheap plinker. Great price too.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:16:35 AM EDT
it will be pretty reliable and about 5-7 moa right?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:23:34 PM EDT
I had one from them. It fired extremely well, no jamming issues, fun gun. Fit-n-Finish wasn't spectacular but it did the job. The sight was canted so check/fix that or you will have to be shooting ala Kentucky windage style.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:35:00 PM EDT
I just picked one up last week - mine was bought with the "military" features, ie flash hider and bayo lug.  

Reliability was good - 3 failure to fires but it was ammos fault, there was sufficient dents in the primer the round should have took off down range but didnt.  2 failures to feed with Wolf hollowpoints out of 100 - I then fired 300 Wolf soft points without issues so Im going to say my rifle doesnt like hollowpoints.  No big deal I would have been shooting FMJ had I been able to find any and I wouldnt have had ANY problems with FMJ.

The wood was great, I put a little red stain on it to make it more attractive but its was in excellent shape.  Their was scratches and scuffs on the receiver, nothing too serious but they are definitely there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/aaronrkelly/Picture015a.jpg
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:58:58 PM EDT
Here is my Classic WASR 10 after a complete face lift. It was a post ban but I put everything on it. Its a great gun.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:03:03 PM EDT
That WASR with the folder is exactlly what I want.  How difficult was it replacing the old stock with the folder?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:56:35 PM EDT
The one I had from Classic never had a problem with Silver Bear Match hollow point ammo. I had zero jambs running 1000 rounds of mixed ammo.  Very decent shooter.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:56:50 PM EDT
Very easy whenever you beat the hell out of your old stock to get it out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:04:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:47:39 PM EDT
I bought this same rifle a couple of months ago.  The finish on the metal isnt that great, nor is the finish on the wood, but if you're picky that can be fixed pretty easily.

Mine has a canted fsb but it doesnt seem to affect accuracy.  I had some problems when I first got the rifle in that the extractor wouldnt catch on the rim of the cartridge every 20 rounds or so, but dissasembling the bolt fixed this.

IMO its a good choice if you dont care about a bayonet lug or muzzlebreak/flash hider.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:15:43 PM EDT
I noticed the receiver doesnt have mag well dimples; is the mag fit loose?
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:55:44 PM EDT

Quoted:

Dimples don't touch the magazine on receivers that have them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:22:04 PM EDT

Quoted:

Yep, wobbles a little from side to side but they still "click" in tight.....
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:46:04 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dimples don't touch the magazine on receivers that have them.

doh!, I dont know what I was thinking.

Sorry, I stand corrected.  
Top Top