Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2004 8:09:30 AM EST
I have an SLR95-mb that I would like to put a bayonette lug onto, or at least put the cleaning rod under the barrel again, anyone know someone who's doing this?

Also can I put a normal non-thumbhole stock on this thing or was that part of the Sr. Bush import ban?

damn bans, I'm so confused....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:07:17 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:05:39 AM EST
Supposedly if your gun was imported with a thumbhole stock it doesn't have U.S. parts in it. At least that is what I was told about my MAK90. So I purchased a tapco trigger group, tapco gas piston (kinda hard to install), And I have choate upper and lower handgaurds and a U.S. pin on ak74 muzzle break.

I am going to get a U.S. pistol grip and either a wire folding stock or a AR telestock and adapter. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. BUT I am confident that this gun is 100% legal no matter what I do.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:43:10 AM EST
I would suggest a Red-Star Arms trigger group (three parts) and a new K-VAR furniture set (three parts). I think you will have to modify/ add a rear tunion to install the stock. I am not sure what you will have to do to add the bayonet lug/ cleaning rod holder.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:46:18 AM EST
Buy these parts: Bulgarian gasblock and front sight base from K-Var. The gas block will have the cleaning rod support and bayonet lug. The FSB will have the cleaning rod support.

Either you install them or find a gunsmith to do it for you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:34:28 PM EST
Sweet ripcode, I'll get some of those. I'll check on the parts count, I'm not sure if I don't like the thumbhole or what, it feels fine to shoot but just looks sorta weird.

But not having the cleaning rod, that just bugs the heck outta me.....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:18:23 PM EST
That thumbhole stock has got to go...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:56:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
Sweet ripcode, I'll get some of those. I'll check on the parts count, I'm not sure if I don't like the thumbhole or what, it feels fine to shoot but just looks sorta weird.

But not having the cleaning rod, that just bugs the heck outta me.....

I get where you're coming from... the lack of a cleaning rod really gets me on SLRs and MAK90s.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:29:15 AM EST
I did mine last year. Got all the parts from K-VAR

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:00:04 AM EST
Top Top