Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page AK-47 » Chinese
Posted: 7/21/2008 10:07:22 AM EST

I see some MAK-90s for reasonable prices, and I would like to convert them back to traditional pistol grip, stock and maybe flash suppressor/brake.

What parts and tools will I need for this, and can it be done by complete novices such as myself, or should I send it off to a professional like KCI or AK-USA (if they would work on a CHICOM rifle).

Most of my interest has come from Bulgarian and Russian weapons, so the Chinese stuff is a little off to me as well.

Thank you,
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:46:24 PM EST

All you really need to do is just change out the stock , pistol grip, handguards, and FCG with US made parts

get a Tapco G2 FCG - (this is 3 US parts)

You can get some new wood from Ironwood Design (buttstock and handguards - 2 more US parts)

You can also get a US pistol grip, and a US Slant brake aswell.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:03:05 PM EST
thank you for the reply.

are any tools required?

Thank you,
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Top Top