Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/29/2006 3:06:15 PM EDT
I thought I had all the kits I need, but then I started thinking about a pistol.

I'd rather use a Romy kit instead of my AMD kits for this.

Is this something that can be done with a minimum of equipment?  I don't see myself spending the big bucks for a ready-to-go pistol kit if I can accomplish the same thing with a little elbow grease.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:57:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm finishing a pistol now built from a "G" kit.  I patterned the kit after the ones Scott was selling.  Should be ready to fire tomorrow.  It was more trouble, obviously, than a regular rifle build, but it wasn't that bad.  I have access to a lathe and mill and after an hour or two, the parts were ready.

The front handguard took longer to cut down and fit than any other single piece.  If you enjoy tinkering, then try a pistol.  There should  be enough info on this site to answer many of your questions.

J
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top