Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/21/2006 12:17:43 PM EDT
I have a guy wanting to trade one but I could swear I've heard something about some kind of problems with ORF guns or receivers.

The guy said there's been one failure to feed in 250 rounds, I don't know if that's indicitive of anything or not.

What's a fair price for one of these? Always wanted a Galil but don't know a lot about them. Anything I need to be aware of in making a decision on this gun?

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the thread on ORF receivers in this Galil section.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Check the thread on ORF receivers in this Galil section.

I saw that before.....but I have no idea who gun plumber is or what his review said. Overall would you say ORF guns are a good thing to avoid?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#4]
The gun plummer reveiw of the ORF receiver is at arizonaresponsesystems.com  The reveiwed receivers had a few proplems.  One of the receivers was shipped back to ORF as to far out of spec to build on.  I bought the Galil kit that was intended to be built on that receiver.  ORF claims to have made changes to the newer receivers to fix the earlier problems.  I guess the jury is still out on the quality of this receiver.  If I was going to buy a rifle built on one of the ORF receivers I would study the Gun Plummer reveiw, then examine the sellers rifle and look for the problems mentioned in the reveiw.  If I was happy with what I saw and the price I would buy it.  As for worth, I can say that a Galil ARM kit cost anywhere from $700.00 to $900.00 and the ORF receiver is $350.00.  So figure it would cost $1000.00 to $1200.00 to build the thing(+compliance parts), IF you can do all the work yourself.  An IMI Galil is in the $2000.00 and up area the last time I looked, probly more these days.  I hope this helps.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top