Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » SKS
Posted: 2/3/2006 6:00:25 PM EDT
Looking for something kind of cheap that I can use for a bolt/semi precision side match on a 3gun. Max distance is probably 100yards. I would want it scoped but was wondering if it could do it and what kind of distance accuracy ther is with it?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:25:28 PM EDT
ALL the SKS's i have (i have a russian, a norinco, and 2 yugo's) are VERY accurite at 100 yards, but when you put a scope on a SKS the accuracy actually will decrease because of the amount of impact from the bolt carrier slaming back into the reciver, the scope will not stay zero'd, you would be MUCH better using the iron sights, and hell if you cant shoot 100 meters on iron sights then you have no bussines entering shooting competitions anyway, hell it can pretty consitantly hit a target a 300 meters with my 55 tula sks, and do almost as good with the others.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:20:52 AM EDT
I have no problem hitting targets at 100 yards with iron sights. I get the impression that they are going to have some highly precise shot though. Maybe hostage badguy targets that have to be hit a certain way. Think I will probably just wait and get a 308 for that stuff so I can do the distance shots if I can find a range around here for that.
Page AK-47 » SKS
Top Top