Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 9:05:48 AM EDT
Looked everywhere- I'm sure it's been covered before but I couldn't find it.

I'm bending flats- what markings do I need to put on them (if any) and how big/etc?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm bending flats- what markings do I need to put on them (if any) and how big/etc?

If it's being built for yourself, as I'm suspecting, there doesn't have to be any markings. ATFE
"suggests" that you mark it with some form of identifying markings, to help ID it in case it's stolen,
but that's it.

Only manufacturers have to mark their weapons with name of manufacturer's name, place of
manufacturing and S/N.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Read page 2. limk.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the quick and concise answers guys!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Read page 2. limk.

Anyone have any links like the one above describing an ATF requirement (if there is one) of pistol recievers being marked as "pistol" or having specific "p" markings in the serial number?

I can not seem to find this type of information anywhere. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Read page 2. limk.

Anyone have any links like the one above describing an ATF requirement (if there is one) of pistol recievers being marked as "pistol" or having specific "p" markings in the serial number?

I can not seem to find this type of information anywhere. Thanks.

How 'bout this? ETA: And this!

I think basicly you just need a "yellow page" from the dealer to say something like "new, never assembled receiver", just to CYA. When I build my AK pistols     (on flats)   I use a stamp set to type some thing like this: "AMD-65 PISTOL" or "ZASTAVA M92   KRINKOV PISTOL", I like it and I *think* (hope & pray) it covers my a$$. Just my oppinion & I certainly ain't no lawyer.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't look like the receiver needs to be marked pistol if you bought an OOW, Arsenal, Ewbanks 100% virgin receiver. All you would need is your receipt (maybe), but, you MUST have it marked in your FFL's books as a pistol.

That is how I read it.

Thank you for providing that information!

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top