Posted: 1/16/2013 6:47:07 PM EDT
Went to a local gunshop today and saw a WASR for $4000
Things are getting out of hand.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#1]
A sellers Market for sure!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#2]
While in the USA, people can sell anything for whatever they want, & there are many gun shops taking advantage of this. However, there is another chain of 6 stores  here in Florida who has yet to sell above MSRP. Who do you think gun owners will do business with down the road?  GARY
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:04:52 AM EDT
[#3]
It's crazy out there.

I stopped in to a new little startup shop yesterday, just to check it out. (did get a .50 ammo can for $15, not bad nowadays)

Anyways, he had probably 8 ARs that realistically were $900-$1200 rifles. Cheapest one was just below $3000.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:12:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
While in the USA, people can sell anything for whatever they want, & there are many gun shops taking advantage of this. However, there is another chain of 6 stores  here in Florida who has yet to sell above MSRP. Who do you think gun owners will do business with down the road?  GARY

Shoot straight ?
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:10:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Went to a local gunshop today and saw a WASR for $4000
Things are getting out of hand.

Where the sights canted?Does he still haveit
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:58:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I would like to support such a place care to let everyone know.

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:09:49 AM EDT
[#8]
They will probably do business with whoever offer the lowest price in the future. We have short memories as a whole. As evidenced by the continued existence of CTD. I don't buy there, but someone obviously does.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:39:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shoot straight ?
That's them. GARY

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Our locals have been okay.    A Wasr for $850, I looked at it and before I could comment the owner said "I know, it's stupid, but someone will buy it."   His ammo and mags are/were decent priced and stuff so I ain't gonna complain about one overpriced gun.  Only semi-auto centerfire (really) in a 120 mile radius so he can ask that
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#11]
The real question is what will happen to prices if there is no ban. Will they equalize to what they were pre panic, or even lower? Or are we done with the era of the inexpensive AK?
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The real question is what will happen to prices if there is no ban. Will they equalize to what they were pre panic, or even lower? Or are we done with the era of the inexpensive AK?

Probably just go back to the old pre-panic prices.  Slight chance that some might get blown out at really cheap prices because they ended up with a large inventory because they ramped up production to meet the demand (like kvar and their $499 SGL's in 2009).
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#13]
so, 2,000 for m70ab2 with 2 75rd romanian drums, Yugo Bayonet, Yugo Grenade adapter, 6 romanian 30rd mags, 2 yugo 30rd mag and 3 tapco mags is a bad deal?
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Imported weapons face a double threat.  Not only are we looking at potential bullshit legislation, but we have the un treaty and their twisted interpretation of what "small arms" are, which could be used to cut off imports. Imported AK prices will rival AR prices if we get no US ban and imports get cut off.

What many people are missing with the jacked up pricing is the element of business. I am not talking about the freedom to set whatever price you want for your stuff. It comes back to the availability of product to sell. When all of the firearms, ammo, mags, and accessories a shop has get sold and they can't get any more in a timely manner, do the company expenses stop coming? Electric, gas, internet, insurance, staff, etc.? They will have no product or very little product to sell and the bills do not stop coming. They have to mark the stuff up to make it through the times when there is nothing available to sell for a profit and pay the bills, which would be right now. All of the long guns at the shop I work at have been consignments for the last month. The shop just hasn't been big enough (money or space) to really stock up on a lot of anything. Firearms come in, get logged in the A&D record, get hung on the wall, and someone buys it immediately or before the end of the day. We have actually been keeping lists of customers that want to be notified when certain things come in. All of the ARs, AKs, and Glocks are gone. I think M&P pistols will sell out next, then the SIGs and HKs. Common caliber ammo? Yeah, right....
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#15]
It's simple for me, if I don't like the price of an item I keep walking. I wont be the guy who tells someone else what they should ask, but I don't have to pay it either.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's simple for me, if I don't like the price of an item I keep walking. I wont be the guy who tells someone else what they should ask, but I don't have to pay it either.

This is a reasonable post.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Do they have anything left to sell in the store at  MSRP or below ?
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I sold an Arsenal SGL-10 (takes Saiga, not AK, mags) for $1400 in like 5 days on consignment, which I thought was crazy.  I figured I'd have to drop a few hundred off at least.

Now I wonder if I should have asked $2k since it's far superior to a WASR but then I'm a capitalist pig .
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:50:23 AM EDT
[#19]
I decided to sell my unfired ROMA ak47 so my FFL friend is going to list it on Gunbroker.  I have my Saiga and my Mini 30 and a Remington 799 7.62x39 so I figured WTF if some moron wants to pay an inflated price for the ROMA I would be kind enough to keep their money.

I am also keeping my Springfield M1A.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 7:46:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While in the USA, people can sell anything for whatever they want, & there are many gun shops taking advantage of this. However, there is another chain of 6 stores here in Florida who has yet to sell above MSRP. Who do you think gun owners will do business with down the road? GARY

Shoot straight ?

Surely you jest.

Even without panic conditions that asshole prices WAY OVER MSRP.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top