Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/25/2006 6:33:45 PM EDT
What in your opinion is the highest quality AK?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Valmet / Sako Rk.95
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#2]
In a true-to-form AK it's Arsenal, in an AK variant it would be an IMI Galil (personal fav) or Valmet ...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
In a true-to-form AK it's Arsenal, in an AK variant it would be an IMI Galil (personal fav) or Valmet ...

Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't know any better. It's a Vepr.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Vulcan/Hesse is without a doubt the best there is
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#5]
The POS's I cobble together in the garage.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BigStick is just mad 'cause I beat him to it ...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#7]
It's stretching it a little bit but how about the SIG 550 series?  

If your looking for available AKs then it's either Arsenal AK or VEPR. For your first AK don't make the misteak I did. I bought a Bulgarian AKS-74 that was put together by an unknown source. Although the fit and finish was nice, I had to do alot of filing down on the hammer and sear to get mine to work only to find out it was terribly inaccurate especially for a 5.45. It shot about 8 MOA. Atleast it gave me an oppertunity to learn a little AK gunsmithing. If  it had accuracy close to my AR, my AR would have been moved to the back of the closet.

Just get an Arsenal. They have good accuracy fit and finish for an AK. If you want somthing more accurate then get a VEPR but there is a weight compromise with the VEPR.

Galil or Valmet would be nice also if they were more available. I know the Finns make great stuff and they are sticklers for accuracy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What in your opinion is the highest quality AK?

I would have to say the valmet would be the highest quality ak variant. But good luck finding one thats not gonna cost your 1st born.
As far as available classical looking aks. Arsenal, MAK 90 or a vector.

But we all know the all around BEST ak out there, Considering price, quality and accuracy.
VEPR

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Vepr or Arsenal, or a kit build from Chris Butler.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BigStick is just mad 'cause I beat him to it ...

True
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:54:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quit using acronyms! Use words...[
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Quit using acronyms! Use words...[

What acronyms do you speak of?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know you guys are like. "Yeah I have a FQPOW 62"
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top